shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Would You Pick?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
*If* you''re not color-sensitive and *if* Jonathan''s ppl can assure you that it faces up white, then I''d go for the 1.54. You''re getting something that will look bigger and be just as sparkly, for a lower price.

lmarps

Rough_Rock
I would definitely go for the larger 1.54ct stone. So long as you have an excellent cut you can afford to go a bit lower in color and get a significantly larger stone for less!!!
Good Luck!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Have you seen them both? Have you seen well cut, correctly graded F''s and I''s?

I would probably go for the F, myself. It''s smaller, but I prefer cool colors to warm. But some people are the opposite way. You might actually prefer the warmth of the I.

tlc_60044

Rough_Rock
No, I haven''t actually seen the stones. I also haven''t seen a D vs. I side by side; and I''m not even sure how much difference the size makes without seeing them side by side since the diameters are only 5% different (7.13 vs. 7.51).

It seems like the 1.546 is a better value if size matters. The guy I talked to at GOG (who did look at them side by side) recommends the 1.366 based on color.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Another option is to go down in clarity a bit and get an in-between color, G or H. That''s what I''d do.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
You will definitely be able to see the difference in size. Remember, you have to consider not just the difference in diameters but the difference in area, which is proportional to the square of the difference in diameter. Just the way the diameter of a nickel isn''t that much bigger than the diameter of a penny, but when you look at a nickel you see a substantially bigger circle than when you look at a penny.

I would probably still want the F. But I don''t care about size as much as some of the ladies here...

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I maybe shouldn''t be answering this...I think the question is similar to this one, but still, my answer of selecting the smaller one with the higher color is, I think, more values based, than perception based, which you might prefer and "value" more. For example, in the same way, I''d select a diamond over a cz, but would find the choice hard to justify based on perception alone.

Best,

tlc_60044

Rough_Rock
You''re absolutely right about the size diff....my high school geometry teacher would be ashamed of me
20.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I can see the difference between a graded F and G very clearly, IF (big if) they are side by side.

A G/H/I by itself, in a lovely setting? Color is not noticeable. I vote for the bigger stone.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results