shape
carat
color
clarity

Which setting

mkruse02

Rough_Rock
They are very similar but there are differences between the two. Maybe they would be easier to see on the on their respective sites (links are in the original post) rather than the screen shots that I took.

mkruse02

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have any opinions on either of these settings. Neil, diamondseeker, gypsy? (Or anyone else). It would really help me out!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Others have been happy with their 6 prongs from Yoni. I also found his customer service to be impeccable.

Enchanted Diamonds is still an unknown quantity at this point, as far as I'm aware.

MisterMadelise

Shiny_Rock
mkruse02|1422485480|3823461 said:
They are very similar but there are differences between the two. Maybe they would be easier to see on the on their respective sites (links are in the original post) rather than the screen shots that I took.

Ok I went to look at the videos on the site, and I still maintain that they look the same. However I can't explain precisely why but the second one looks better. But I think it might be my eyes playing tricks on me because it's shinier.

mkruse02

Rough_Rock
I think the base at the prongs are the main difference between the two. As well as slightly different prongs. I guess I've lurked on pricescope enough I am analyzing every slight difference to death...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the second one, I like the curve at the base of the prongs, very graceful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I am an analyzer but those settings are almost identical if not the same! I really like them!

I would go with a white gold or platinum head regardless of whether the shank is yellow or white gold like the real Tiffany setting would be.

http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?mcat=148203&groupSKU=GRP10002&origin=engagement&search_params=param+0/0/0/0/0/6

The unknown to me is seeing the prong work of the setters for both companies. That would make the decision for me, but without that knowledge, I guess I would choose whoever will sell the diamond for less.

mkruse02

Rough_Rock
For price they have price matched each other on setting and diamond so the cost is the same either way. I am leaning towards the second.... I think I like the base like junebug said. And I like the idea of changing the prongs like DS said, thanks for that suggestion.

mkruse02

Rough_Rock
I just saw your avatar DS and saw that your setting is much like one of these, where did you get yours from if I might ask?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look the same to me but for some reason the second looks better. I have no idea why. My eyes don't distingush much between the two. Both look good to me and I'd probably be happy with either, but compared, i still like the secone better.

akoya

Shiny_Rock
MisterMadelise|1422490466|3823515 said:

Ok I went to look at the videos on the site, and I still maintain that they look the same. However I can't explain precisely why but the second one looks better. But I think it might be my eyes playing tricks on me because it's shinier.

I think the prongs itself is already different
from the side view, the 1st one is flat gold prongs
the 2nd one , there's an 'indent' of the individual prongs up to a certain point (less gold from another pov) and then its 'flat' / filled up again

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the second one better.

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
Personally, I like the 2nd on better. I like the look at the base of the prongs/head better.

MisterMadelise

Shiny_Rock
akoya|1422531558|3823721 said:
MisterMadelise|1422490466|3823515 said:

I think the prongs itself is already different
from the side view, the 1st one is flat gold prongs
the 2nd one , there's an 'indent' of the individual prongs up to a certain point (less gold from another pov) and then its 'flat' / filled up again

Thank you for explaining.

mkruse02

Rough_Rock
Thank you all with your replies! You have all been a huge help. I had previously had decided on the second but then had last minute doubts and freak out. :) But I now have the ring I want and I know she will love. Thank you everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results