shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Princess Diamond Would You Choose???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

superj32

Rough_Rock
I am looking at purchasing a princess cut diamond here shortly and have found two that I really like. The only thing is, I can''t decide between the two and am unsure of what to go with. So here I am on pricescope to get your advice/opinions. Here are the stats for the diamonds I am looking at. #1 (pictured on the left)1.5 carats, F, VS1, Depth: 65%, Table 59%, Crown Height 14.2%, 1.00 L/W, medium girdle, VG symmetry, excellent Polish. #2 (pictured on the right) 1.51 carats, F, VVS1, Depth: 74%, Table: 71%, Crown Height: 8.7%, 1.00 L/W, thick to Vthick girdle, VG Symmetry, good polish.

You can see from the following photos diamond #1 has some shadowing around the girdle along all 4 sides. The jewler told me that this can only be seen when looked up at close (photos are 15-20X mag), but it has this awesome crushed ice look in the center that just glitters everywhere. Diamond #2 is also beautiful and looks like the typical beautiful princess cut. Diamond #2 cost wise is also $600 dollars more. Both kinda look like opposites in terms of where you see more dark shadowing spots.

This is for my soon to be fiance so I could really use your advice! Thanks!

diamond comparison 1.GIF

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am no expert on princess cuts but love #2. It has a lot of fire and it just speaks to me more than #1, but let your eyes be the judge. Good luck and let us know what you decide. They are both beautiful stones.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I personally think the table on the first one is too small that''s why you''re getting that weird shadowing effect. The second one is too deep, so it will look smaller than it should for its carat weight. Plus the second one is also hiding a lot of weight in its thick to very thick girdle. If I were you, I''d keep on looking. If I had to pick one out of these two though, I''d probably go with the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results