shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one as proposal ring???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
They would all be lovely, but I''d go with the biggest one myself.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
All of those stones look very nice... From the pictures I would choose the third one. Just personal preference. Good luck!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2008 10:03:44 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Yes, both are excellent choices. Ellen and I happen to have stones from both!
Yep, what she said.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Lazybum, have you chosen or thought about a setting yet just out of curiosity?
And ditto the other lovely ladies - this will be a great choice either way..I guess it may come to down to where you''d like to buy the setting from, price, and there are the extra fun reports that GOG provide with their stones (but wouldn''t make a decision on that alone
2.gif
)..

lazybum9

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/26/2008 10:10:55 AM
Author: Ellen

Yep, what she said.
Great...who do you deal with from WF??? Is there someone from WF whom you can recommend that will take a good look at the diamond for me???

lazybum9

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/26/2008 10:32:17 AM
Author: arjunajane
And ditto the other lovely ladies - this will be a great choice either way..I guess it may come to down to where you''d like to buy the setting from, price, and there are the extra fun reports that GOG provide with their stones (but wouldn''t make a decision on that alone
2.gif
)..
I have not decided on a setting yet...as i''m residing in singapore...my plan is to freight the diamond over then have a local jeweller the setting...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2008 10:33:09 AM
Author: lazybum9

Yep, what she said.
Great...who do you deal with from WF??? Is there someone from WF whom you can recommend that will take a good look at the diamond for me???
I hopeMiss Ellen doesn''t mind me answering for her! But imo all the reps I''ve come into contact with are very helpful - I speak to Jamie who is great, and it seems Lesley is very popular but I haven''t spoken to her myself
1.gif

lazybum9

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/26/2008 10:35:47 AM

2.gif
)..
I have not decided on a setting yet...as i''m residing in singapore...my plan is to freight the diamond over then have a local jeweller the setting...
What kind of fun reports can GOG provide man???

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

2.gif
)..
Cool, good idea. Not sure about Singapore, but at least for australia there are less taxes that way too
2.gif

I''m sure you''ve already thought about this, but you may want to make sure your valuables insurance covers the stone while its being set by another jeweller.
5.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most, if not all setters, will not insure the stone while they do the setting. I know a few overseas people have had trouble finding someone to insure their loose stone so it was insured during the setting process.

But that''s not what you asked so getting back on topic. I like the .621 WF one.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2008 10:37:33 AM

And ditto the other lovely ladies - this will be a great choice either way..I guess it may come to down to where you'd like to buy the setting from, price, and there are the extra fun reports that GOG provide with their stones (but wouldn't make a decision on that alone
2.gif
)..
I have not decided on a setting yet...as i'm residing in singapore...my plan is to freight the diamond over then have a local jeweller the setting...
What kind of fun reports can GOG provide man???
lol, everything you see listed under the diamond, all those thumb nails are actually individual reports or parts that will make up Jon's valuation that he will do for you.
So, in your case you will get the photo, plus the clarity and H&A images, Brilliancescope and microscope reports et al. It all comes in a folder that complements your purchase, and imho, makes it a lil more special. The diamond you're considering has also been laser inscribed on the girde by GIA during grading, so this can aid for identifying your stone in the future.

WF most likely also prepares something similiar, hopefully someone who has bought from them can advise
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2008 10:43:32 AM
Author: Addy
Most, if not all setters, will not insure the stone while they do the setting. I know a few overseas people have had trouble finding someone to insure their loose stone so it was insured during the setting process.

But that's not what you asked so getting back on topic. I like the .621 WF one.
Yup, Addy is right - best to check on your personal insurance, otherwise it may be easier to set it where you buy it
5.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yep, what she said.
Actually, the diamond has already been looked at! It got an AGS0 grade and was placed in the ACA category. So there is nothing else to determine. Most people shown a few ACA''s will not be able to tell them apart. So as far as those three diamonds go, you''re safe in choosing any. VS1 is totally safe for clarity, so that is not an issue at all. So there really is nothing left to go but choose one. And as I said before, I''d go for the largest one in that size stone.

If you know her ring size, you could just order it set in a plain solitaire and let your fiance choose another setting later. Or it is fine to just have it set in Singapore.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2008 11:00:18 AM

Yep, what she said.
Actually, the diamond has already been looked at! It got an AGS0 grade and was placed in the ACA category. So there is nothing else to determine. Most people shown a few ACA''s will not be able to tell them apart. So as far as those three diamonds go, you''re safe in choosing any. VS1 is totally safe for clarity, so that is not an issue at all. So there really is nothing left to go but choose one. And as I said before, I''d go for the largest one in that size stone.

If you know her ring size, you could just order it set in a plain solitaire and let your fiance choose another setting later. Or it is fine to just have it set in Singapore.
Agreed. It''s a great stone!

And I have heard very good things about most of the reps at WF, but I have only worked with Lesley on my purchaces, she is just great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results