shape
carat
color
clarity

Which is Better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

7emp

Rough_Rock
I have been a lurker for the past two weeks since my bf enlisted my help in the creation of my e-ring. We done many search on the web and came down to these two. Any inputs are greatly appreciated. Below are from GIA report:

1.27ct, G, VS1, ideal cut, symmetry/polish are both EX, depth 61.6%, table 56%, thin to medium girdle, Measurements: 6.95-6.98-4.29 . Inclusions: cloud

or

1.31ct, G, VS2, ideal cut, symmetry/polish are both EX, depth 61.7%, table 54%, thin to medium girdle, Measurements: 7.08-7.05-4.36 . Inclusions: needle and crystal

Should I trade off clarity one notch down for a bigger stone? Is the table % of 54 too small so therefore less brillance? Which type of inclusions are considered bad?

Thanks.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Strictly on paper I''d go with #1. It''s only four points smaller, which is negligible, it has better clarity and, most importantly, the table is within the ideal range. But you really need to see them to compare them, IMO. Either would be a nice diamond.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
need more info to tell you anything.
Do you have the crown and pavilian angles?
Any images?

7emp

Rough_Rock
No images yet. What kind of images should I ask for? I have asked for the sarin reports already, but probably won''t get them until tomorrow.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
ideal-scope images would be best.

7emp

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the confusions, the GIA report did not mention ideal cut - ideal cut came from the seller website.

7emp

Rough_Rock

got the sarin reports for both...why does the sarin rpt differ from the GIA rpt? Is this common. I'm starting to think that something is not quite right here.

For the 1.27ct, the sarin rpt has the following:

1.263ct
61.9% depth
56.9%depth
33.9 crown angle
41.2 pavillon angle

Plugging this to the HCA, it scored Very Good all across for Light Return, Fire, Scintillation and Spread. Total Visual Performance of 2.8

For the 1.31ct, the sarin reads:

1.327ct
62% depth
53.4%depth
35.2 crown angle
40.7 pavillon angle

Plugging this to the HCA, it scored Excellent for Light Return, Fire, Scintillation and Ver Good on Spread. Total Visual Performance of 1.5

How accurate is the HCA? Looking at the HCA results, the 1.31ct looks much more appealing even though it has small table %.

Please give opinions on which is better?

Thanks.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the numbers are not that far off. between differences in machine calibrations and the published margin of error for sarin (which is .2) and perhaps some added rounding, the numbers are pretty much the same.

hca is is a useful tool for narrowing down stones and weeding out potential poor performers. if these stones are at all close in price, i would go with the second one. as far as the inclusions go, you won''t see them in either one with the naked eye.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results