shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamond reigns supreme?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StixforLegs

Rough_Rock
Alright everyone, lets stop beating around the bush and get to the real question here, which diamond cut puts the other ones to shame. Im mostly talking about three contenders:

1. ACA

2. 8*

3. Solasfera

If three people were sitting at a table in a restaurant together, each with a different stone (same size, color, clarity, polish, sym., etc.) which one makes peoples jaws drop more so than the others. Personal experiences are welcome and keep in mind I realize this is 100% an OPINION based question and peoples taste can differ immensely, but its still a fun question to ask!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
2 would love all 3 and one would keep changing her mind :}
The lighting would make a difference.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2006 1:55:23 PM
Author: strmrdr
2 would love all 3 and one would keep changing her mind :}
The lighting would make a difference.
Funny Storm........
36.gif

My answer is........"none of the above" It''s the diamond at another table that is even better cut than the three diamonds you referenced!

Don''t get hung up on brand names. The diamond that will wow everyone is the one that is be absolute best cut, period. And just because a diamond is branded, doesn''t guarantee it''s cut is superior to a non-branded stone.

Just my .02

StixforLegs

Rough_Rock
Well that isnt really what I was getting at. Let me clarify a little further. Im not interested in brand names either although on average brand names come about from having a quality product, not always the case with diamonds however. Anyways, these three particular diamonds that I mentioned all have different cut styles. Assume that each diamond is the ultimate cut quality for its style of cut. I want to know which cut style "reigns supreme"

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 2:07:19 PM
Author: StixforLegs
Well that isnt really what I was getting at. Let me clarify a little further. Im not interested in brand names either although on average brand names come about from having a quality product, not always the case with diamonds however. Anyways, these three particular diamonds that I mentioned all have different cut styles. Assume that each diamond is the ultimate cut quality for its style of cut. I want to know which cut style ''reigns supreme''
I cannot tell you that which I do not know. The problem with your question is that few people on this board besides dealers and appraisers have seen all three specimens. They may not have seen all three at one time to compare one to the other. Few if any consumers can say they have seen all three together for a taste test. Ergo, your premise is flawed. Sorry, I calls em likes I seems em.

shay

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2006 2:07:19 PM
Author: StixforLegs
Well that isnt really what I was getting at. Let me clarify a little further. Im not interested in brand names either although on average brand names come about from having a quality product, not always the case with diamonds however. Anyways, these three particular diamonds that I mentioned all have different cut styles. Assume that each diamond is the ultimate cut quality for its style of cut. I want to know which cut style ''reigns supreme''
OK.....I get your point, but I don''t think anyone could answer the question with absolute certainty. Perhaps I''m being a bit simplistic here, but cut determines the beauty of a diamond. Since beauty is in the eye''s of the beholder, I''m not sure anyone, including the best experts could or should say one cut reigns supreme over another cut in well cut stones.

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
This is definitely a personal-preference issue!!! The best way to find out which one looks best to you is to try to find a way to see the 3 cuts together.
There are a lot of variables: size of the stone, andges of the individual stones, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results