shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Diamond looks better (on paper, at least!)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelgirl

Shiny_Rock
I have two new possibilities and want opinions on which one looks better to all those diamondphiles out there!

#1-
2.19 rb egl certed H Si2 ( vendor actually looked at today said completely eyeclean)
depth: 61
table: 57
crown%: 15
pav %: 43
symmetry: ex
polish: VG
Flouro :none (
38.gif
)
dim: 8.37-8.44 *5.13
HCA score of 1.2 with a ex-ex-ex-vg overall ex
price: abt 13,920 (w/o workignon getting a ps vendor price match to abt 12,700)

2.32 rb ags certed as ags000 J SI1 (also eyeclean)
depth: 61.8
table:57
crown angle: 34.5
pav angle: 40.9
symmetry: id
polish: id
Flouro :none (again
38.gif
)
dim:8.43-8.48 *5.22
HCA score of 1.7 with a ex-ex-evg-vg overall ex
price: abt 14,400.00

The things I am considering:
*Can a person tell the diff btwn a 1.2 hca score and a 1.7, usually?
*in the 2.32, it seems the diameter is almost the same as the 2.19...at least to what I oculd percieve...so the 2.19 might be the better value?
* In the 2.32 am I paying extra for the AGS cert and the pol/sym combo of id/id? Do those things matter all that much?

I have been converted by reading archived threads with pics of all the beautiful TIC diamonds that are J colors and look as white, facing up as the E''s even! I am prepared to take my chance on the lower color stone given that the HCA is at least in the 1-2 range.

OK...Let me have it...I can take it the glare of the Pricescope Microscope...which one is better?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Jewelgirl,

Perhaps considering holding option 2 (close) as a backup. You make good points about the diameter (and that first one is more right-sized for it''s weight); it could be helpful if you post info on the girdle thickness for each, as that''s likely where the weight is on #2. Still, factors in favor of #2 are not insignificant.

- (neutral) a thicker girdles doesn''t retard performance
- EGLs tend to under-report color and clarity, so your SI2 may be more like an I1; likewise, the H to an I, etc.
- % data is regarded as not very reliable (though better than no data at all) for calculating an HCA score, so it would be good to re-calculate that HCA score with a separate sarin measurement.
- in contrast, AGS certs, consistent at least with their premium, have color, clarity and angle measurement reporting that can be relied upon, so at least you should pretty well know what you have with them.

Not sure if the previous one showing sold at WF has your name on it, but either way, these several all have promise.

Best,

jewelgirl

Shiny_Rock
Nope...darn''it!...I didn''t get there quick enough...WF sold the 2.225 j si2 aca diamond yesterday
7.gif

The girdle on the 2.19 above is listed as thin...the 2.32''s AGS rept is listed as 1.5 to 2.7% ( whatever that translates to :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results