shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Cushion has the better aset? Help me decide

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All,
I am working with a pricescope vendor and he has provided aset image for two cushion diamonds that I saw in person and really liked
I am not an expert on aset images for fancy cuts so I am asking for your help. For those of you who are experts in reading aset images on fancy cut diamonds, which one do you think has the better light return? Both cushions are modified brilliant and not crushed ice facet pattern.
I am going to try to post pics of the facet patterns so you can get a better idea.
I have seen both diamonds in person and both have a nice fire and brilliance in different lighting conditions, however I would love to hear your thoughts. I think I know which one I want but just want another opinion. Both are GIA Certified.

Diamond #1
2.83 I VS2
Excellent/VG
Girdle Thin-Thick
Table 64
Depth 69
Measurements: 8.20 x 7.88 x5.47

Diamond #2
2.30 HVVS2
Excellent/VG
Girdle Medium-Thick
Table 63
Depth 69.7
Meaurements: 7.44 x 7.44 x 5.19

Aset Image for 2.83 I VS2

_259.jpeg

_260.jpeg

2_cushions.jpg

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the facet patterns on the 2 cushion diamonds
The first one is 2.83 I VS2
The second pic is of the 2.30 H VVS2

_21135.jpg

_21136.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK well one is much bigger than the other. So if you are Pricescoper I would suspect you are learning toward 1 as it is larger. I prefer 2. But one is a good choice as well.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1407458225|3728226 said:
OK well one is much bigger than the other. So if you are Pricescoper I would suspect you are learning toward 1 as it is larger. I prefer 2. But one is a good choice as well.

Hi Gypsy,
Thanks for your input!
I originally was head over heels over the smaller diamond which is 2.30 H VVS2 until I got the asets on both diamonds.
Then I started to rethink because I am not really good at aset images on fancy cut diamonds. I want the one that is the brightest so thats why I asked for help.

I prefer the pattern on the second diamond, but need to know if the aset on the 2.30 H is good on that one.
Thanks again for your help! :D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are both above average. But the smaller stone edges out the larger one in performance from the ASET.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1407462614|3728271 said:
They are both above average. But the smaller stone edges out the larger one in performance from the ASET.

Thanks for your help Gypsy!
I appreciate your input. I like both diamonds so I guess I will have to decide over the weekend which one to choose.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you see them in person? That's the best way to pick. Don't worry about the ASET. They both pass the ASET test. All that matters is what you like from here on out. There's no bad choice.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1407464172|3728283 said:
Can you see them in person? That's the best way to pick. Don't worry about the ASET. They both pass the ASET test. All that matters is what you like from here on out. There's no bad choice.

Yes, I saw both in person and loved them but couldn't make a decision so I asked for Aset images. Now I think I am going to look at them again this weekend and decide which one I like best.
Once I get the stone set, I will post in SMTB for you to see.
Thanks Gypsy for all your input, it is greatly appreciated!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok great news. Take each one for a ride around the store. One of my local stores will let me go outside with a security guard. So just play with them and see which one catches your heart.

Fancies have personalities. And those personalities matter. I've seen technically perfect stones that have left me cold. And stones that are just average on paper that have make me want to buy them on the spot.

I know you are going to get a gorgeous stone either way. And I can't wait to see which you choose.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another pic of the two cushions comparing facet patterns, smaller one has the star in the middle and second diamond the larger one has the x in the middle. Its a matter of preference I guess.
But you really have to see them in person, I did and they both look really beautiful!

Now I just have to do what Gypsy suggested and walk around outside with the two and compare.
Whichever one speaks to me I will let you all know.

Thanks again for your help Gypsy :D

two_cushions_side_by_side.jpg

2_cushiions_image_1_.jpeg

-B-

Rough_Rock
Hi Madison. I have a cushion with the same facet pattern of the bigger diamond. However, I agree with Gypsy and prefer the smaller one. Gypsy is right - cushions do have a real personality and you need to chose the one that sings to you. Good luck!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
-B-|1407486336|3728415 said:
Hi Madison. I have a cushion with the same facet pattern of the bigger diamond. However, I agree with Gypsy and prefer the smaller one. Gypsy is right - cushions do have a real personality and you need to chose the one that sings to you. Good luck!

Hi B,
Thanks for your input! How do you like your cushion with that facet pattern? How large did you go? I am curious to know what others think of their cushions with that facet pattern. I do really love the facet pattern of the smaller stone however I keep thinking do I really need VVS2? I can get larger stone with VS2. IDK, I really have to do the outside test and walk around with both to get a feel of which cushion will speak to me and say "Please take me home with you"

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Diamond on the left is much prettier to me. Apologies - did not read the thread and just looked at pictures.

-B-

Rough_Rock
I adore my cushion. It is a 1.51GSI1. It has a couple of feathers near the girdle and nothing at all on the table, so faces up much better than a SI1. It has no crushed ice appearance at all and is an absolutely gorgeous diamond.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
-B-|1407563602|3729034 said:
I adore my cushion. It is a 1.51GSI1. It has a couple of feathers near the girdle and nothing at all on the table, so faces up much better than a SI1. It has no crushed ice appearance at all and is an absolutely gorgeous diamond.

HI B,
I am happy to hear you still love your diamond. Sounds like you did a good job when choosing your cushion.
Thanks again for your input!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I was you I'd get 2. I think the facets are nicer looking to my eye and you said you were "head over heels" for it when you first saw it. That's enough for me.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
CharmyPoo|1407543434|3728883 said:
Diamond on the left is much prettier to me. Apologies - did not read the thread and just looked at pictures.

Thanks for your input CharmyPoo!
I had posted aset pics because I wasn't sure if they were both good but Gypsy confirmed that both are good aset images for the cushions. She also prefers the one on the left and that was my first choice too. Then I got hit with the larger stone and started to rethink the smaller one because it is a VVS2 and the setting will have a halo so do I really need to do a VVS2?
Either way, I am going to put both on my finger with a temp setting and see which one I like better after walking around in different lighting conditions, rooms, outside, etc...

Thanks again CharmyPoo :D

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1407599914|3729201 said:
If I was you I'd get 2. I think the facets are nicer looking to my eye and you said you were "head over heels" for it when you first saw it. That's enough for me.

Thanks Niel!
Thats what I am thinking, going with my first feeling and choice which was the 2.30 H VVS2 Cushion with the pretty facet pattern.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madison2|1407600210|3729204 said:
Niel|1407599914|3729201 said:

Thanks Niel!
Thats what I am thinking, going with my first feeling and choice which was the 2.30 H VVS2 Cushion with the pretty facet pattern.
I think that's smart. There will always be bigger diamonds, but there won't always be ones that give you that visceral reaction. And what's a diamond for besides a happy emotional response when you look at it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results