shape
carat
color
clarity

Which ASET image is better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

archangel

Rough_Rock
ps. they are both from WF and one is better than another as in ES vs ACA.. 1 color difference also..

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
More and stronger red in stone A than B, so better light return from the direction of the observer, usually the ceiling lighting thus stronger light source. Green means from ambient lighting, usually a weaker light source. Also better optical symmetry in Stone A than B from the miss-aligned arrows of B.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Slightly better symmetry in stone one than in stone two as seen in the minor details. Highly unlikely to be visible to the eye, both will be beautiful diamonds.

Wink

archangel

Rough_Rock
hey thanks guys... that is what i thought too.. the first one shows deeper red and the second has less green areas but has a light red overall...

could the setting on the camera make a huge difference? if u underexpose a bit then pic B would also show a deeper red and the arrow wouldn't be such a bluish tone, more a black like pic A?? hmmm...

is the center supposed to be red or green? i have seen with some 90% red and then other 100% green.. im sure the red is better but all the ACA shows its green in the center.. would this make a difference?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2008 12:33:55 PM
Author: archangel
hey thanks guys... that is what i thought too.. the first one shows deeper red and the second has less green areas but has a light red overall...

could the setting on the camera make a huge difference? if u underexpose a bit then pic B would also show a deeper red and the arrow wouldn't be such a bluish tone, more a black like pic A?? hmmm...

is the center supposed to be red or green? i have seen with some 90% red and then other 100% green.. im sure the red is better but all the ACA shows its green in the center.. would this make a difference?
At this level you are unlikely to notice any difference to the eye as Wink says, these are both top notch diamonds.

This thread should help but now if you are having trouble choosing, I would ask for an expert eye to help you decide which diamond is best, ask for Brian to talk you through each diamond and the visual properties of each.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/why-we-prefer-aset-to-ideal-scope-with-fancy-shapes.73949/

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are both excellent, I wouldn''t hesitate to buy either one based on the image. I would use other criteria now to pick such as price, what the folks at WF say about the stones, eye cleanliness, diameter size, etc.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2008 2:39:21 PM
Author: kcoursolle
They are both excellent, I wouldn''t hesitate to buy either one based on the image. I would use other criteria now to pick such as price, what the folks at WF say about the stones, eye cleanliness, diameter size, etc.
That was what I was trying to say - nicely put KC!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results