shape
carat
color
clarity

Which 3 stone setting do you like better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to be such a pain. I have decided to get a 3 stone ring with 0.5 total cwt in side stones (they would be round, 0.25ct each).

I can''t decide whether to get the tradtional 3 stone setting where they are all basket set, or to get the "truffle" or "trellis" setting.

I found some pics to show the difference. I like the trellis setting however, it is $600 more, which to me is quite a bit more. I''m not trying to be cheap, but that is a considerable difference just for the prongs.

Which do you like?

Here''s the basket setting:

3 stone ring regular prongs.jpg

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the trellis setting. I can''t make up my mind!
32.gif
Thanks for you help!

3 stone ring swoopy prongs.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
For sure the trellis, it''s soooo pretty and worth the extra $600 IMO!
2.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
to me there is no contest- trellis all the way!
I think the architecture of the trellis setting alone is a piece of art and it is worth every penny. All day long you will be looking at your ring from that angle, why not make it as beautiful as possible!

I''m interested in what our fellow ps''ers have to say...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I actually have (diff color and shape stones) the first- the basket as a temp setting. It''s nice. But I like more airspace like the trellis. The trellis is a little busy for me, but I pick the trellis.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Between the two, i definitely prefer the trellis. I wonder if it can be done with a little less metal going on underneath.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the simple basket setting.

The trellis is too busy for my tastes.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s called a "truffle" setting. how can you go wrong with truffle anything!?
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I knew I liked you for a reason! LOL
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s funny I''ve always seen that setting referred to as the trellis setting? Could some designers use truffle and some use trellis??

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I have always loved the trellis.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
T R E L L I S all the way!!! So flowing, pretty, and elegant. Seriously, it''s true..you will be looking at the ring from that angle a lot of the time...the sweeping, flowing lines of the trellis/truffle setting get my vote and is worth the extra money!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I like the basket better too.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the basket gets my vote
1.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I have the basket setting but I wish I had the trellis/truffle setting. IMO it just sets it apart from the others. I think as long as it sparkles like crazy, it doesn''t matter which setting it''s really in!
9.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi jellybean (hehe I like your name!)--
I personally don''t like frilly stuff (I''m kind of a tom boy I guess you could say) but I definitely like the basket setting from Vatche that Patty posted more than the Trells or the first basket setting that was posted. The Vatche setting has slightly curved lines but is still clean and elegant without being "too much" IMO.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!
36.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the opinions so far!

The picture that Patty posted of the dvatche basket setting is more like the basket setting I am looking at. (Thanks!) The sides kind of taper up to the diamonds, as opposed to the first pic I posted where the shank is wider.

I too was concerned about the trellis setting being too busy and I didn''t think I would like it in person but it is much more delicate than the pic I posted. The trellis setting I am looking at is not a dvatche, it is a Simon G (thus the extra $) but I can''t find a picture of it anywhere. The basket setting I am considering is not a designer one at all -- in fact, I think it either a Stuller or Ingwar (sp?) setting and the jeweler had put their own diamonds in it.

Both settings have G-H VS2 diamonds in it so I''m pretty sure the difference in price is the designer name.

I''m so confused! I keep leaning toward the trellis, but then I think the extra $ would buy 155 cans of baby formula (getting the WalMart brand of course!
9.gif
) My husband of course says go with the less expensive. Big help he is!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
120981.jpg

Jellybean, Stuller does make a trellis three stone setting. Maybe your jeweler could get you a price on it?

If you really love the trellis setting, I think you will be disappointed if you don''t go with it.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I have the trellis/truffle and love it. I just like the way it flows. The basket is beautiful, too, but my preference is the trellis.

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the trellis too, all the way, and if you can get the mount from stuller or another of those companies (inwer (sp?), etc) it will be much cheaper than the Simon G version or the Vatche version. And, I think you can order those without the side stones, so you can hand pick the sides and ensure an excellent cut, which is another plus in my book.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
How about something like this? It''s Ritani, sort of like the Vatche trellis but less busy on the bottom.

ritanirc3stone.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
What about this one? I'm pretty sure this is what I'll be getting.

14d1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results