shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to go for Appraising

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kavala14

Rough_Rock
What is the best way to get a diamond appraised? And also what is brilliant scope?

Thanks
Kavala14

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.asp

USe this link right on Pricescope to find many of us appraisers who will assist you.

A Brilliance Scope is a tool made by a company called Gemex. It gives a visible result to how much brilliancy is returned to your eyes from a diamond placed into the device. It is intriguing but not highly technical. It is a great sales tool and has value in satisfying consumers needs.

We use an Ideal-Scope for most of this. It is far simpler yet effective. We will soon be doing some much higher tech readings on diamonds with Imagem Technology in coming months.

kavala14

Rough_Rock
You seem to have a vast knowledge of diamonds. I just purchased a Princess cut 1.4 carat, H-Color, VVS1, no culet, very good polish 73% table and I do not remember the table off hand. I pick it up this saturday I can get the info to you. What would be a good price for this diamond? And what would be a maximum price to pay? (from a brick and mortar) If i gave you the GIA # could you look it up some how?

Thanks
Kavala14

Froof

Rough_Rock
I highly recommend Dave Atlas' lab (AGA), if you don't mind either taking your diamond to Philadelphia or Doylestown, or shipping it there. I sent my stone there for a pre-purchase inspection from DCD, and Chris was wonderfully thorough in going over everything with me over the phone. My stone was in and out of there in no time, and the cost was better than anything I could find in Austin. I also like the fact that I was able to view the cert on the web site immediately after it was evaluated.

Froof

Rough_Rock
Go to http://www.gemappraisers.com and click on the "Contact AGA" link at the top. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results