shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy - USA, UK, Netherlands, Dubai .....????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scotpot

Rough_Rock
I''ve just started the search for an engagement ring with my fiance. A number of people have suggested that I buy a diamond abroad. Several friends have bought diamonds in Holland and Dubai and they say they got a good deal. I''m based in London (UK) and having seen this website, I''m tempted to look into buying in the US - as the exchange rate is so good at the moment. (I have friends who could bring a ring back for me.)

My budget, for the ring, is about $5500. We would like a round solitaire with 6 round shoulder diamonds.

Does anyone have any advice they can give me?

goldenringlets

Shiny_Rock
I think you would do well to choose a diamond online from a US vendor, and have it imported to the UK. Even with the VAT, you'll probably do better than in the UK. As you're based in London, walk up and down Hatton Gardens as well as Bond Street and King's Road, Chelsea, and you'll probably come to that conclusion. Its best to go to Hatton Garden on a weekday, since many of the Jewish jewelers close on Saturday, and the Christian ones on Sundays... I would recommend buying the setting in the UK, that way if your girlfriend has anything to do with the decision, she can try on different rings. But, remember that the jeweler would prefer you to buy the stone from him, as is reasonable. With the advice of the people who read this website, you CAN buy a diamond online sight unseen, and you'll likely do much better than what you would by chance see in London.
Birmingham has a jewelry district, although I've never been to it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results