shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I find this Vatche Setting for lower price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babieblackcat

Rough_Rock
Hi friends,

I am looking for this Vatche setting to put my diamond on. My local Jewelry store will sell me for $1820, size 4.5, Platinum, for a 1.4 center stone. Is there any place or any site that sell this exact style for lower price? If I find somewhere that is cheaper, at least I can ask them to match the price for me. Thanks!

Also, I am expecting to receive my diamond tomorrow.
9.gif
I will then bring it to the local Jewelry store and they say they will appraise my new diamond. Should I trust this Jewelry store appraiser or should I spend another $100 for a independent Appraiser to check for it? Since I don''t buy the diamond from Jewelry, I think they will be honest to me, right??

534-b.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
You might be able to have it custom made. I don't know of anywhere that mass-produces a channel set ring with "x" prongs.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Babie, you'll be out of luck on that. NiceIce is one of their dealers, and they make the following comment on their website:

"The reality is that D. Vatche prohibits discounting and thus all of the dealers will be selling at the same price."

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
Unless you are selling the ring without the Vatche stamp, of course.

There are other sources, and while this style is not exactly mass production there are very similar molds floating around. This is a very copied style.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 3/19/2004 6:28:24 PM aljdewey wrote:

Babie, you'll be out of luck on that. NiceIce is one of their dealers, and they make the following comment on their website:

'The reality is that D. Vatche prohibits discounting and thus all of the dealers will be selling at the same price.'

----------------

And as with most designers, D. Vatche is extremely vigilant in the enforcement of maintaining an even pricing structure amongst their dealers... They "secretly shop" their vendors and try to entice them into discounting their merchandise and will drop a dealer for discounting even $50.00

If you must have a designer piece, the reality is that you shoud be prepared to pay the price commanded by their name just as you should be prepared to pay more for a painting crafted by a recognized artist... While there are "similar" designs available, the reality is that the designs offered by D. Vatche have a very nice flow and balance to them that we haven't found in the knock-off's... Why else would we carry the line? So as with the painting, you're not paying for the canvas and the paint, you're paying for the artist's creation and talent... The copies are never exact, better to pay a little more for the design you truly like than to spend the rest of your life wishing that you had because the ring isn't quite "it" but shop around and try on the various designs because you might actually prefer one of the knock-off's, who knows.

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
>While there are "similar" designs available,

>...we haven't found in the knock-off's...
>...The copies are never exact...
>...you might actually prefer one of the knock-off's, who knows...

There is a difference between "similar" and "copy/knock-off".

While I agree the Vatche designs are wonderful rings, certainly some peoples cup of tea, and are certainly of value if you are looking to buy into a well-recognized "name", they do NOT have some sort of monopoly on that basic style.

How exactly do you define "copy" or "knock-off"? Is the Vatche ring shown at the beginning of this thread in your definition of "copy"? Because Vatche certainly is not the only one to generate designs using this very basic prong layout, and he was most certainly NOT the first. Are Vatche rings all therefore "knock-offs"???
Popularity does not grant the right to claim all competitors as inferior clones.

There are many designers, well-known and not well-known, that have used this style of layout, some for years before anyone heard of Vatche. A few of them I think have even done it better. All of them would I'm sure take great offense at being painted with the same "knock-off imitator" brush.

That being said, I agree that you should pay a little more for a design that you truly like. It is a purchase a customer will have to be happy with for a long time.
If the particular curves of that specific Vatche ring speak to them, or they need a popular "name", they just need to bite the bullet and go for it.

If they want a "similar" style, of at least equal quality and probably lower price, they are available as well.
So are cheaply made "knock-offs", directly molded from or replicas of an actual Vatche ring.
But they are certainly NOT both the same thing....

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure what all this is about... clearly one can have custom made setting worse, as good or far better than the original one posted here. While not every jeweler would have (or need) complicated 'brand management' procedures to advertise and insure quality, it is easier - in my view - to just inspect his work and decide for yourself whether the quality and price is what you want. From what I know, all those quality checks of a relatively large jewelry-making operation are a mere approximation ('knock off') of a master jeweler's experience.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results