shape
carat
color
clarity

When looking at BR ideal diamonds, what is the first thing *you* do to eliminate choices?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigToque

Rough_Rock
What steps do you take to find the right RB diamond?

I find that the first thing I look for is the Depth and Table %'s. I've decided I want something between 59-61% depth and 55-56% table. This eliminates like 90% of the diamonds I look at.

Next I look at the crown and pavilion angles

Then Girdle...

Is there anything else I should be doing?

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well, after looking at your budget to make sure you can cover your bet you might look at symmetry and polish. There is a world of difference in a diamond with a good polish and one that has an excellent or Ideal polish. The higher the grade on symmetry is not as noticable but it also is very important.

Look here on PS at the Diamond Cut Quality Search. This will list all the information so it makes it easier to compare. It also gives you the HCA number which is a good indicator of quality.

Good luck on your hunt.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 4:36:59 PM
Author: dimonbob

Look here on PS at the Diamond Cut Quality Search. This will list all the information so it makes it easier to compare. It also gives you the HCA number which is a good indicator of quality.
Per the link below my signature...I concur!

Regards,

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either get an IdealScope image - or if looking at diamonds in person - get an Idealscope (I personally recommend the professional model with the light table). This allows you to quickly sort the wheat from a lot of chaff (and other junk). If you are going to spend thousands - why not spend $100 or so for the tools to tell what you are buying?

Perry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results