shape
carat
color
clarity

When buying smaller diamonds.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

libade

Rough_Rock
should I be going through the same process?

I posted yesterday about the Sabrina ring that I absolutely love, but I feel that I should at least look at other rings to compare.

I''m looking for a 10 stone (2 row) 2 Ct. anniversary band.

With the Sabrina, I know the cut is great. If I don''t go with the Sabrina, should I be looking for ideal or triple ideal? Should I also be getting all the other specs for each diamond as well? Like culet, depth, and all those other numbers that I don''t know what they mean?

What do you know about Decenza''s?

Last question. If I bought the stones online, do I get the setting online as well?

Thanks for your help!

solange

Brilliant_Rock
With stones this size, I do not know whether that much detail of cut shows but you should get the best quality available if you buy the stones on line. You should get top quality in color and cut. Clarity may not be as important because inclusions will not be as obvious as in a large stone. There is not that much price difference in clarity on stones of this size so I would certainly go with vvs or vs.
There is another posting from someone also looking for a Sabrina Hearts of Fire in one carat in white gold--5 stones--and she asked whether $1000 is to much to pay through a Hearts on Fire dealer. I sent you a PM on this.
My eternity ring--.28 carat stones each is very sparkly and looks great. I have f & g vs,vvs, ideal cut stones.Since it did not come with a GIA certificate I went to three appraisers and each gave me an appraisal within the same range as to price and quality.
I do not know whether the GIA grades stones of this size but it sounds as though the Sabrina setting is quite costly.
You might try one of the Pricescope vendors who sell smaller stones--I believe Whiteflash is one of them--and see what they have to say and if they carry this size in A Cut Above and whether they have any recommendations as to a 10 stone hand made platinum setting.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
from my observations on these, cut definitely matters. you can look at ~.2ct stones on the pricescope search engine with high clarity and excellent cut, and they show up at ~$400 apiece. my guess is that you could do a little better, but I think they're still less expensive than the HoF ones! I'm sure any of the usual suspects would be happy to find a nice reasonably-matched set for you, but it might take a little time because there are so many stones there (then again, they're all small, so colour difference probably doesn't make very much difference, just cut!)

you don't have to get the setting online, if you don't want to. just get em shipped to you or an appraiser, decide if you want to keep the little cuties, and then take em to the jeweler who has the setting you want.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
10 stones !!!!

No way... let a seller match the set for you. It would take ages to find matching ones and I bet the price is better if you get them all in one place. Besides, I would have them set on seller's responsibility (or buy some extra just in case some may get chipped during settign
11.gif
).

At 0.2 cts apiece, I wander how many bothered to certify such stones and how much are you actually paying for the thick stack of certs.
rolleyes.gif

No idea what greades are you looking for, but I would expect about $200 apiece for F/G, VS bought in small dozes (not in parcel), no cert or "ideal" pedigree, but ready matched. ACA melee are not listed... worth asking about what the project would cost, I suppose.

Actually, you may want to check THIS thread out - for some 8* tid bits supplied by Wink.

Other shops that would not chase me out if asking for H&A 20 pinters ? - no idea
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results