shape
carat
color
clarity

Whats wrong with this ring?

nafty

Rough_Rock
Seems like the following ring is cheaper then other rings with the similar "specs"
http://www.solomonbrothers.com/DiamondDetail.aspx?sku=7YHHY597&affiliate=9318613A-AD0C-4530-A456-0409DFEFB8DE&utm_source=PriceScope

I'm still a noob at this, but is there something I'm missing? there are lots of red markers on the ring but are they visible to the naked eye?

In general, I'm looking for a round ring ~1+ caret preferably less then $8000 including 5.5 band. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this a ring? I'm seeing only the diamond. :confused:

nafty

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies!

Sorry I meant to write "diamonds" instead of a ring, I guess I was a bit ahead of myself.

Thanks for the suggestions, any recommendations on how to confirm its eye clean? if I call the vendor and ask can I really trust what they say?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, you can usually trust PS vendors but be sure and ask how far away from the stone they determine it is eye-clean.
Like 6 inches, 10 inches, very close scrutiny, or what so that you might see something if you are closer than they are.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
nafty|1428713175|3860155 said:
Seems like the following ring is cheaper then other rings with the similar "specs"
http://www.solomonbrothers.com/DiamondDetail.aspx?sku=7YHHY597&affiliate=9318613A-AD0C-4530-A456-0409DFEFB8DE&utm_source=PriceScope

I'm still a noob at this, but is there something I'm missing? there are lots of red markers on the ring but are they visible to the naked eye?

In general, I'm looking for a round ring ~1+ caret preferably less then $8000 including 5.5 band. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Per forum rules I cannot comment specifically on the diamond you have posted. I can say that fluorescence does impact price and value. You can get an overview of fluorescence here:
https://www.pricescope.com/search/node/fluorescence

nafty

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

I will contact the vendor and inquire about its clarity. Also thanks for pointing out the Fluorescence that was completely not on my radar until just now.

Any other recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Maybe move up the clarity scale to VS2 to avoid any surprises.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please stick with vendors that supply photos of the stones at least. It is not advised to buy a diamond blind. It is even more difficult to evaluate SI clarity stones without pictures. In addition, some vendors provide images that show light return, and I recommend that as well.

nafty

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice, can you please clarify whats a "light return" and how to read it?

Also I was just using PriceScope's "Search and Comparison" tool and just go from there... I guess thats not the best approach. Can you recommend a few reputable vendors that you like?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results