shape
carat
color
clarity

what would you do with a 1.25ct round for under $350

jen2M

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I have a 1.25 ct round that was given to me by my grandfather. It was my grandmother''s diamond and is very special to me. I currently have it in a bezel set necklace and it looks awesome. The problem is I don''t really wear necklaces. I find anything around my neck uncomfortable and am always pulling at necklaces and shirts. I have even broken a couple chains without knowing. I am so fearful that I am going to lose this diamond-- that I end up never wearing it.

I want to do something else with this stone so that I can wear it more often. I have been thinking about putting it into a RHR. My ER is a 1.9 whiteflash tiffany and my WB is a 2 ct. shared prong. I have been looking at some of the LOGR and some of them-- maybe like this one below but have a hard time picturing it with a round. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cushion-6mm-Diamond-Semi-Mount-14k-White-Gold-ring-/390193812802?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item5ad95d1542

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel exactly the same way about necklaces - I just can''t stand things around my neck, no matter how pretty!

Since a pendant - the easy solution - is out of the picture, I like the setting you''ve chosen! You could also consider a three-stone with a couple of gemstones, or perhaps the first stone in a killer dbty bracelet
10.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
how about putting it into a bangle? kinda like the WF bangle setting with the single stone?

http://www.whiteflash.com/fine-jewelry/bracelets/diamond-solitaire-bangle_959.htm

i know your budget is $350. maybe check with a local jeweler to see they can replicate something similar?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
i don''t wear bracelets, so I think we''re all different:) maybe you should start by picking what jewelry you like to wear, if that''s a RHR I''d set it in an LOGR halo for now, but ultimately I would probably do a graduated five stone...

jen2M

Rough_Rock
all good thoughts. Thanks! I think I am most comfortable wearing rings-- but I worry about it looking like I am wearing 2 ER.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results