shape
carat
color
clarity

What will you purchase in 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Hello friends!

Now is the time to look forward.
What jewelry pieces are on your wish list for 2010? I will go first..

1. Antique artcarved white gold wedding band
2. 1 ctw diamond martini studs in white gold or platinum
3. Small diamond eternity band.. or big. Whatever works
3.gif

4. Anything else I can get my hands on!

19.gif

Kashmira

Shiny_Rock
I''d like to get a pair of diamond studs. I have started to look already but if I cannot find what I want right now, I most probably will buy them next year.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a strict budget next year not to go over $2k
39.gif
( does not include my pending projects that are in the works and just waiting to be completed
9.gif
) so I have to choose wisely
32.gif
I don't really know... another ring..? or should I get a diamond and hold out for to set it the following year? any ideas?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Well, right now my budget is zero, but hopefully it will be around $1000-$1500 for the year.

1. Upgrade the sidestones on my ering
2. Bezel or martini set leverback diamond earrings (.5ctw-or more if I can swing it
31.gif
) I''m looking for either ideal ACAs or OEC or OMC...I can''t decide...they''ll be set in white gold.
3. A rose gold bezel set eternity band for a RHR

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
........... not sure I''d purchase it but I''d like Kenny''s hand in marriage so I can get my hands on his new Octavia.

Little things like his partner and my husband will just have to be sidelined for this dream! :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2009 5:34:29 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
........... not sure I'd purchase it but I'd like Kenny's hand in marriage so I can get my hands on his new Octavia.

Aw shucks, I'll bet you say that to ALL the guys with Octavias . . .
26.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hm ... no concrete budget for now, so no concrete plans, but next on my list are diamond studs, a ruby something-orr-other, and perhaps a bracelet. I have a great many unset colored stones that I need to start thinking about finding homes for .....

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...

1) Small diamond which is my graduation present from my parents. Probably a GOG AV round.

2) An alternating sapphire and diamond 3/4 eternity band - I actually have my eye on some small Yogo sapphires for this project
1.gif

And really, that''s about it! I really need to stop the colored stone purchasing....

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I will definitely get:

1. New setting for my 2.01 ct solitaire - probably a 6 prong Tiffany style, either by BGD or Leon Mege. I will probably get this as a push present.

I would like:

1. To halo my .50 ct RB solitaire pendant - I like the WF pendant that looks like the Ritani Endless Love. I wasn''t originally thinking of haloing it, but I got a pair of diamond studs a couple of years ago that are .60 each, and it bothers me that they are bigger than the pendant when I wear them together. I think if I halo the pendant it will make it look better with the earrings.

2. I wouldn''t turn down a pair of diamond in and out hoops. My friend just got a pair and they are so pretty.

3. I have always wanted a piece of good sapphire jewelry. I would like to find a nice cushion-cut sapphire over the next year or two, and then have it set with diamond half-moon sidestones in a ring, maybe for our 5 year anniversary in 2011.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Think I''m finally going to purchase the last few diamonds and turn my 5 stone, into a right hand eternity. Very excited about that one.

Other than that, like Vesper, I''d love to have a beautiful cushion cut, blue Sapphire. Will start seriously looking in the next few months.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2009 7:23:18 PM
Author: elle_chris
Think I''m finally going to purchase the last few diamonds and turn my 5 stone, into a right hand eternity. Very excited about that one.

Other than that, like Vesper, I''d love to have a beautiful cushion cut, blue Sapphire. Will start seriously looking in the next few months.
Did I see on another thread that you were maybe thinking about resetting your ering?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2009 7:12:43 PM
Author: vespergirl
I will definitely get:

1. New setting for my 2.01 ct solitaire - probably a 6 prong Tiffany style, either by BGD or Leon Mege. I will probably get this as a push present.

I would like:

1. To halo my .50 ct RB solitaire pendant - I like the WF pendant that looks like the Ritani Endless Love. I wasn''t originally thinking of haloing it, but I got a pair of diamond studs a couple of years ago that are .60 each, and it bothers me that they are bigger than the pendant when I wear them together. I think if I halo the pendant it will make it look better with the earrings.

2. I wouldn''t turn down a pair of diamond in and out hoops. My friend just got a pair and they are so pretty.

3. I have always wanted a piece of good sapphire jewelry. I would like to find a nice cushion-cut sapphire over the next year or two, and then have it set with diamond half-moon sidestones in a ring, maybe for our 5 year anniversary in 2011.
Yipee! I can''t wait to see that reset - should be scrumptious!!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My budget is also small this coming year. I will either:

1) turn my RB solitaire into a three stone; or

2) start a new diamond upgrade adventure by getting a *very* small August vintage OEC or OMC, or an octavia. If the right one comes along...

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
MissgotRocks- You did
1.gif
I''m pretty torn over it. While I love my setting it bugs me that I can''t wear it with my original wedding band. I''ve been looking at simple solite settings but nothing really popped out at me until I saw LynnB''s. Tough decision.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2009 8:51:16 PM
MissgotRocks- You did
1.gif
I'm pretty torn over it. While I love my setting it bugs me that I can't wear it with my original wedding band. I've been looking at simple solite settings but nothing really popped out at me until I saw LynnB's. Tough decision.
You're right - that's a tough one! You have a gorgeous ring but if it doesn't fit the whole bill, then you can't be really happy with it. Lynn's setting would show off your stone in grand style. The good news is that you have a beautiful stone - you're just unsure about what you want to hold it. Whenever I think about a new setting, I try to convince myself that it's the diamond that is the show - not the setting. It's worked so far! Ha!

Is your original wedding band white or yellow gold?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will reset my garnet basket-set studs into bezels.

I will find the perfect combination of coloured gems for my currently empty wg trellis setting. Lots of reading to be done in CS!
1.gif

I will buy my mum the eternity she''s been eyeballing but just doesn''t seem to want to get herself - or ask dad for -
5.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
It''s white (platinum), but the it''s a very thick, (not wide) band. Even if I did reset it to the one Lynn has, it would need to be modified. Ahh well, no rush
1.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2009 9:51:05 PM
It''s white (platinum), but the it''s a very thick, (not wide) band. Even if I did reset it to the one Lynn has, it would need to be modified. Ahh well, no rush
1.gif

Maybe you could show BDG the wedding band and see what he would recommend in terms of a setting to go with it.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
1) A setting for my new e-ring
2) A wedding band for me
3) Wedding band for him

If I have the funds, I would like to set my spess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results