shape
carat
color
clarity

What type of warranty can a setting have?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

spunger

Rough_Rock
I ask this because I have a new Precision Set ring (well 2 of them) that I bought for my girlfriend. Their site lists 3 dealers within 100 miles of where we are. We went to visit 2 of them to try and see before we bought the rings what they would look like. Well........neither one is a dealer for their line. Hell the addresses were so old as well the stores relocated. So we knew it was outdated information.

When emailing Precision Set about anything with the ring they are pretty stright forward on going to a dealer and having the work done. That''d be nice except I got the ring through a internet retailer who sells Precision Set. Now that I have the ring, I''m having a hard time thinking I have to FedEx it someplace, with my stone and all for something like a re-size. If the basket cracked off or something then I could see hunting down a dealer.

My question is typically what kind of warranty is there on settings? We have a pretty competent jewler in town who we''ve had work done from and does great work. I''m just wondering what I''ll void by having someone else do it?

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock
Most all warranties are void if work is done by someone other than the person who issued the warranty. I know whiteflash voids any kind of guarantee if someone other than them works on the piece. Your best bet is to ship it off or to contact them personally and find updated information about the Precision Set dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results