shape
carat
color
clarity

What type of eternity band is most comfy, to go with my larger diamond solitaire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some beautiful Lazare 0.12's that I'm planning to have BGD reset into an eternity band, but am not sure which style is most comfortable, ie. which would lie lowest and not rub against my fingers?

I think I'd like a U-prong but have seen other styles on PS that I think are very nice, including shared prong. BGD also has a new eternity band style that looks very nice but am wondering if it sits too high on the finger (?).

Also, my ering is normally a 4.25-4.50 (4.25 in cold weather/ when I lose weight, but 4.50 is more comfortable). Plus, I'd like to be able to wear it on my RH also (which is a 4.75-5). What size should I go for in this new eternity band (taking into a/c the fact that the band should be wider - about 3mm wide by my estimation).

TIA.

(Oh btw, this band is to accompany a new ring which is my current "secret" project - let's just say it'll be a larger diamond, he he!!
2.gif
1.gif
)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phoenix - have you tried any styles on at a local jewelry store? Everyone has their own impression as far as what is comfy. I had wanted a full eternity band a few years back and tried one on and didn''t like at all how it felt on my fingers. I''m not much of a ring person though and have to have smooth metal (guess I realized that after I tried that band on). The only eternity I found that I loved was a channel set Ritani one and it hardly had any diamonds and was super expensive for that size!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
phoenix, memoire and tiffany''s both make pretty low bands. I would see if you could try some on somewhere to see which style you find the most comfy. If you want to wear it on your right hand then I''d probably go with the 4.75. At 3mm it still shouldn''t be so wide where you''d need to go up a bit in size like you would if it were a wider (say 5mm) ring.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Hi Phoenix,

I agree with the above posters that it's probably best to try on some eternity rings to test out your comfort level on the different heights. That being said, I had a shared-prong eternity that was set too high and bothered me in between my fingers. I asked LM to redo the setting and he suggested a 'fish-tail' design between the stones. The end-result was a much more comfortable ring that was super low on the finger and had minimal metal.

I also agree that you should go with a 4.75 if you want to wear it on your RH as well.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phoenix,

As much as I love my shared prong eternity band from Facets, it's 3.38 TCW. As Garry noted so wisely, the diamond girdles will eat into your ering. Mine did. I only wear it for special occassions. Seriously the BEST thing you can do, is not wear a shared prong next to your ering.

I just bought a channel set band with Princess cuts, its not something I thought I would like but it's gorgeous. My jeweler even beat Facets pricing, go figure. I have many friends that have the same band, so it's one I know well.

Sizing is a whole other matter. I was sooooo conflicted as to what size to get for this new one, as my fingers swell, I am not the 4.25 I was when I got married. I like my rings a tad loose, not falling off loose but loose none the less.

So I'd go for bigger than smaller. But that's just me, good luck in deciding!!!

Oh and the nicest setting I have seen is called the Whitney on ERD's website... But am worried about how tall it is. If I got that, I wouldn't wear my ering...

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Hi Phoenix:

I have two eternity bands that I wear with my three stone; one is a 3+ carat rbc set in a box setting and the other one is a 7+ carat in a uternity setting. I wear both with my ering and I have not had any problems.

Exciting!

Please let us know what project you are working on :)

Roppongi

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Great topic, I''m thinking about this a lot myself. My ering is a size 4 but should be 3.5 or 3.75. However, I don''t want that to be my eternity band size, since I want to also be able to wear it on my right hand. Unfortunately, my right hand is a 4 (tight fit over the knuckle), 4.5 or 5!!! Urgh.

I also like the u-prong setting. Have you seen the Sasha Primak Trellis setting? GORGEOUS.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

In my experience, my old channel set eternity ring. I wouldn''t trade my current u prong for the world, but it is not what I would consider to be "most comfortable".

cheers--Sharon

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 4:56:44 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Phoenix,

As much as I love my shared prong eternity band from Facets, it''s 3.38 TCW. As Garry noted so wisely, the diamond girdles will eat into your ering. Mine did. I only wear it for special occassions. Seriously the BEST thing you can do, is not wear a shared prong next to your ering.

I just bought a channel set band with Princess cuts, its not something I thought I would like but it''s gorgeous. My jeweler even beat Facets pricing, go figure. I have many friends that have the same band, so it''s one I know well.

Sizing is a whole other matter. I was sooooo conflicted as to what size to get for this new one, as my fingers swell, I am not the 4.25 I was when I got married. I like my rings a tad loose, not falling off loose but loose none the less.

So I''d go for bigger than smaller. But that''s just me, good luck in deciding!!!

Oh and the nicest setting I have seen is called the Whitney on ERD''s website... But am worried about how tall it is. If I got that, I wouldn''t wear my ering...

Is there a shared prong setting that covers the diamond girdles? I thought I saw one on PS a while back but I could be wrong. If what I saw is a SP with covered girdles, I don''t think the side profile is quite as pretty as a U-prong but it might be a good way for you to get a SP and wear it with your e-ring. Otherwise, Phoenix, if you really want a shared prong eternity, you could always wear a spacer ring in between?

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My memoire-esque shared prong band from BGD is very comfortable. It is half eternity, but when I spin it I cannot feel the metal or any scratches between my fingers at all. They call it the Dream band. I am not sure how it would feel with larger diamonds though, which would require more metal I would assume...

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, everyone, for your replies. They're very helpful and I really appreciate them.

Garry, thank you for bringing that to my attention. I have a plain WB (my original WB) that could be used as a spacer. Otherwise, I could have BGD make me a super super thin band to wear in-between.

Roppongi, it was your amaaaaaazing gorgeous U-prong band that have made me yearn for one...badly!!
3.gif
1.gif
Could I possibly trouble you to post more pics of that gorgeous U-band of yours, the 7ctw? Perhaps the side profile so I could see how far is the distance between the culets and the bottom of the band? I know yours are much larger diamonds but it'd give me a better idea. Thanks so much.

(My current project, ha ha: I've only just started it, but it would involve me trading in one or more of my current diamonds for a larger, ie. larger than 3ct and hopefully larger than 4ct, diamond. That's all I can reveal for now!
2.gif
1.gif
)

Dream, I think I missed your showing the BGD band!! How could I?
4.gif
Would it be possible for you to provide me with the link? I tried to search for it but couldn't find it.

And it looks like it's going to be a 4.75. Thanks again, all.

Oh, and I've tried on some rings at a local Tiffany's but the biggest they have is a 7-pointer band the ring is very loose (I think it was like a size 7 or 8), do it didn't really help. There aren't many jewellery stores here in Shanghai and what they have only have smaller diamonds in them, unfortunately. I also have four other eternity bands, a Metro, a Novo and two shared prongs but again the largest diamonds in the shared prongs are 4-pts so I am really none the wiser!

If you guys could please help me by posting pics and links, that'd be very helpful indeed. And please keep the comments coming!
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2010 6:41:58 PM
Author: Gleam
Great topic, I''m thinking about this a lot myself. My ering is a size 4 but should be 3.5 or 3.75. However, I don''t want that to be my eternity band size, since I want to also be able to wear it on my right hand. Unfortunately, my right hand is a 4 (tight fit over the knuckle), 4.5 or 5!!! Urgh.

I also like the u-prong setting. Have you seen the Sasha Primak Trellis setting? GORGEOUS.
I don''t know what this is. Do you have pics or links to it somewhere? Thx.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2010 8:05:41 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

In my experience, my old channel set eternity ring. I wouldn''t trade my current u prong for the world, but it is not what I would consider to be ''most comfortable''.

cheers--Sharon
May I ask that is it about the u-prong that makes it not comfortable?

I''ve thought about the channel set, but I have short fingers and 12 pts in a channel set would make it even wider, would it not?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 2:58:45 AM
Author: Phoenix
Date: 1/22/2010 6:41:58 PM

Author: Gleam

I don''t know what this is. Do you have pics or links to it somewhere? Thx.

here''s demelza''s sasha primak trellis:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-2-56-cttw-5-stone-band.72660/

sasha5stone0001_7.JPG

sashaupclose0001.JPG

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Phoenix!! I'm not Dreamer, but I do have the dream eternity..thread not sure if I did the link to the thread correctly edited to say I did not do it right..if you search for me and recut reset oh my you'll see it.!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Yep... that''s it!! Thanks D & T!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 3:00:47 AM
Author: Phoenix

Date: 1/22/2010 8:05:41 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

In my experience, my old channel set eternity ring. I wouldn''t trade my current u prong for the world, but it is not what I would consider to be ''most comfortable''.

cheers--Sharon
May I ask that is it about the u-prong that makes it not comfortable?

I''ve thought about the channel set, but I have short fingers and 12 pts in a channel set would make it even wider, would it not?
HI:

The channel set rings have smooth rounded sides. Very comfortable. Yes the ring would be wider and take up more finger real estate worn with your ER, but you wouldn''t feel the sides/edges of the U prongs which is what I feel. Kind of "pokey".

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrssalvo,

Hubba hubba!! That''s one gorgeous ring!!
30.gif
30.gif

I wonder if BGD can do this design or would I have to send the stones to Sasha Primak? This is a very serious contender indeed!
36.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Siamese and D&T, thanks very much for the link. That's a very beautiful ring too. I think you're right, Dreamer, I think the 0.12's may require quite a bit more metal. I wonder if would make the ring too bulky (?) Hmm... I'll ask Lesley and see what she says.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Canuk-gal, the channel set ring sounds very comfy indeed. I think I''ll also ask Lesley to see what''d be the width for such a ring. I wish I had long fingers!
7.gif

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 2:37:37 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Beware of shared prong styles with diamond girdles that can chop into your Ering

What do shared prongs look like? I just got a five stone that I am wearing next to a platinum solitaire on my right hand and am wondering if it is a shared prong. Can anyone point me to photos somewhere so that I can tell? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results