shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with a 7mm, included, RB diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I have this diamond that I don''t know what to do with. I have no idea what the specs are, but the diameter is about 7mm so it could be around a 1.3ct?? It has a large table, it''s definitely not ideal cut, not even good I''d say, and it has a large inclusion in it even visible at arms distance. When I spin the diamond and look at it from different angles I think that the inclusion is reflected around, but it''s weird cause I can only see it in one place at a time. As for color I''d guess it''s a G or H. But that''s my guess.

It''s definitely got some sparkle going on in it, but it doesn''t compare to my ideal cut K stone!

But I don''t know what I should do with it! Someone suggested making it into a pendant. I don''t know though, the inclusion bothers me and I''m spoiled by ideal cuts now.
3.gif

What would you do with it? Would a jeweler or someone buy it do you think?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you could try selling it, or how about irradiating it and turning it into a teal colored diamond or something? I really don''t know anything about this, but if the diamond is a darker color I would think the clarity wouldn''t be as noticeable.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
If I set it, is there anyway to minimize inclusions? I''m thinking not. As it is, it''s actually set in a 4 prong earing and it''s still visable. Hmmm.

The price stats tool above gives me the table below for 3B cut grade diamonds. I think it would fall in the I1 or I2 category. So it''s got to be worth some money, nothing to scoff at, at least! I''m thinking it would be nice to use it to offset the cost of my e-ring... But can you just walk into a store and ask to sell something?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 8:14:32 PM
Author: kcoursolle
you could try selling it, or how about irradiating it and turning it into a teal colored diamond or something? I really don't know anything about this, but if the diamond is a darker color I would think the clarity wouldn't be as noticeable.

Hmm, that's an interesting suggestion! The color of it isn't that pleasing to me anyway.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know that selling it, you won''t get even half of what it''s worth. You''d probably get something you could work with though, it''s a fairly large diamond. It would be nice to own something that you like like rather than keep around a diamond you don''t do anything with. I don''t see much of a reason to have things in your jewelry box that you don''t like. I know that I personally am now really picky about jewelry compared to before I found pricescope. I know that before I found pricescope I really wouldn''t have cared much what the diamond looked like...but now...I have very set ideas about quality and I basically picked out my own engagement ring.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the inclusion is so noticeable to you and bothersome, you could see if it is a candidate for clarity enhancement, and if so, have that done, and get it set into a pendant. Woobug''s marquise looks amazing after she sent it for CE treatment.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
oh Thank you for ideas Kcours, Virginia, and Firegoddess!! I will think about this
1.gif
If anyone has anymore ideas, please share
36.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Where can I find information on clarity enhancement? I have a ring that has a decent cut, but a huge inclusion right under the table...I would like to have it treated and made into a pendant.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Reader, I have not done the research myself yet, but I''m sure if you just search here on PS there will be some stuff!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if, as a pendent, the inclusion would bother you as much. I think it would be an awesome pendent and nobody would be looking at it up close. Just an idea, and having it set as a simple pendent and trying it out would be inexpensive.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results