shape
carat
color
clarity

What style for my BGD eternity band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, thanks to everyone who responded to my recent thread about what to do with my mom's 23 pts and 40 pts.

I've decided to do the following: Have the 23 pts set into an eternity band and the 40 pts into a bracelet (though the latter would have to wait until after I get my 5ct - oh the ever so elusive 5ct!!
2.gif
).

BGD will supply me with matching stones to my 23 pts. I'd like your help, PS'ers, on how to set the 23 pt eternity band. My Q's are: what style do I want? Do I want shared prong, open or closed gallery, u-prong or what else?

What I do know is that I'd like to see as little metal as possible and for the diamonds to sparkle as much as possible (this would mean some kind of style that would permit maximum light passage) and I'd like the stones to sit as low as possible and for the eternity band to sit flush with my re-set 3-stone ring (which BGD is also doing for me - thanks, Brian and Lesley).

Another Q i have is what size to do both rings in. I wear a 4.25-4.50 on my left hand and 4.50-4.75 on my right. What size should I go for? I'd like to be able to wear the rings on both hands. FYI, I had my pear-shaped ring made in size 5 and it is far too big. I was told (not naming anyone here
2.gif
) that an in-between size is not advisable and to go for the RHR size. To be absolutely honest, I used to think my RHR was a size 5, but I've recently found out that it isn't. Mind you, I *suspect* Leon may have his sizes a bit too big. His size 5 seems more like a 5.25 and by that I mean I have a couple of Tiffany rings in size 5 and they seem to fit my RH not too badly - a little big loose but they don't spin around like my Leon does.

So, any thoughts, PS'ers?

Thanks.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey phoenix, I wear between a 3 7/8 -4 on my left side, and between 4-4.25 on my right. but I have a band that is a size 4 and works for both sides quite well, even though the right will be of course slightly snug but its a 3/4 band and I like the feel on the right hand and does not spin and I do not stack it with any other ring, however when I wear on my left, its not loose loose- just right, but I can at least add my ering and wear it just comfortable. Hopefully that makes sense. But on an eternity ring, do you have a ring that fits perfect on both sides? that you can send to BGD? I find that when I had mine made the size was a just a tad off, but due to the style i guess, even though the ring sizer said it was made to my measurement I then later sent the band that was the most correct size to them to double check, especially if you are working quite a distance, I''d hate for you to have to send it back (knock on wood that its right the first time) So honestly, I would say 4.5 on your left you can add your e-ring to help make it more snug, on your Right - it would be just right wouldn''t you say? so that''s my vote - a 4.5 (I know I gave you a round about answer sorry
emembarrassed.gif
)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 11:56:28 AM
Author: D&T
hey phoenix, I wear between a 3 7/8 -4 on my left side, and between 4-4.25 on my right. but I have a band that is a size 4 and works for both sides quite well, even though the right will be of course slightly snug but its a 3/4 band and I like the feel on the right hand and does not spin and I do not stack it with any other ring, however when I wear on my left, its not loose loose- just right, but I can at least add my ering and wear it just comfortable. Hopefully that makes sense. But on an eternity ring, do you have a ring that fits perfect on both sides? that you can send to BGD? I find that when I had mine made the size was a just a tad off, but due to the style i guess, even though the ring sizer said it was made to my measurement I then later sent the band that was the most correct size to them to double check, especially if you are working quite a distance, I''d hate for you to have to send it back (knock on wood that its right the first time) So honestly, I would say 4.5 on your left you can add your e-ring to help make it more snug, on your Right - it would be just right wouldn''t you say? so that''s my vote - a 4.5 (I know I gave you a round about answer sorry
emembarrassed.gif
)
Oh no, you absolutely gave me the right answer!
1.gif

I think that''s what I''ll go for, a 4.50. Unfortunately, I don''t really have any ring at the moment that would fit both my LH and RH. What I can do though is to send another eternity band that I have that sits very comforably on the left and perhaps ask BGD to do the rings a tad looser, say a 1/4 or a 1/2 looser.

Any idea re the setting style?

Thanks.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
umm, I like to see at least the slight profile, here is mine, although it does show quite a bit of metal on top which I wanted anyways for a bar set (maybe you can get shared prong pinched in towards the middle? much less metal too), But the profile is extremely low, it actually is almost as low as my WF 1 pointer bezel band, this is a 5pointer. I"m sure many are sick of seeing this ring, but I just had BGD fix it so it is more snug as for some reason the design says it is the size I wanted but it fit a little looser than my other link

dtcupshapeternity1%20009.jpg

dtcupshapeternity1%20001.jpg

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I have the u-prong eternity band and it sits so low. When looking down on it you don''t see metal.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 1:10:55 PM
Author: D&T
umm, I like to see at least the slight profile, here is mine, although it does show quite a bit of metal on top which I wanted anyways for a bar set (maybe you can get shared prong pinched in towards the middle? much less metal too), But the profile is extremely low, it actually is almost as low as my WF 1 pointer bezel band, this is a 5pointer. I''m sure many are sick of seeing this ring, but I just had BGD fix it so it is more snug as for some reason the design says it is the size I wanted but it fit a little looser than my other link

dtcupshapeternity1%20009.jpg

dtcupshapeternity1%20001.jpg
Wow, that is extremely low. It looks very comfortable and also GORGEOUS. How did I miss this thread?!! Thanks for posting it.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 8:49:42 PM
Author: atroop711
I have the u-prong eternity band and it sits so low. When looking down on it you don't see metal.
OOOHH, I looked up yr thread. GORGEOUS!! I think uternity is the way to go, for me anyway. Thanks.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 11:46:39 AM
Author:Phoenix

BGD will supply me with matching stones to my 23 pts. I''d like your help, PS''ers, on how to set the 23 pt eternity band. My Q''s are: what style do I want? Do I want shared prong, open or closed gallery, u-prong or what else?

So, any thoughts, PS''ers?

Thanks.
i like open style setting they''re much easier to clean.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, you''d love the uternity - it''s SO easy to clean and sparkles like crazy!! And with stones that size, wow!!! (Mine are only 10 pointers and it seems really blingy to me!)

uternitykatie.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never had an eternity band, I''ve only seen them on here really. But from what I''ve seen, I like the Uternity''s a lot.
30.gif

metromom

Shiny_Rock
I have a shared prong. Very little visable metal and low profile. It''s super comfortable. I wear it alone on my left hand as it''s too much with my ering, but it would definitely sit flush with another "round" ring if that makes sense. I only have stock photos here, my hand photos are on my home computer.

etern54.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 3:00:37 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 7/16/2009 11:46:39 AM
Author:Phoenix

BGD will supply me with matching stones to my 23 pts. I''d like your help, PS''ers, on how to set the 23 pt eternity band. My Q''s are: what style do I want? Do I want shared prong, open or closed gallery, u-prong or what else?

So, any thoughts, PS''ers?

Thanks.
i like open style setting they''re much easier to clean.
Thank you, DF. You''re absolutely right about that.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 9:22:32 AM
Author: katiedid
Phoenix, you''d love the uternity - it''s SO easy to clean and sparkles like crazy!! And with stones that size, wow!!! (Mine are only 10 pointers and it seems really blingy to me!)
Thank you, Katie.

Yours is absolutely blingy and GORGEOUS!!
30.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 9:26:01 AM
Author: Ellen
I've never had an eternity band, I've only seen them on here really. But from what I've seen, I like the Uternity's a lot.
30.gif
Thank you, dear Ellen.

You don't have an eternity band?!!!
6.gif

I think it's time we enabled you, tee hee!!
11.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 9:26:59 AM
Author: metromom
I have a shared prong. Very little visable metal and low profile. It''s super comfortable. I wear it alone on my left hand as it''s too much with my ering, but it would definitely sit flush with another ''round'' ring if that makes sense. I only have stock photos here, my hand photos are on my home computer.
Thank you, metromom. Your band is very lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results