shape
carat
color
clarity

what''s wrong with this

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jess

Rough_Rock
i found this and got the cert and with crown and pavillion percents it scored well on hca. there was a message about a small fish eye. i was wandering why a diamond of this size and supposedly good quality was this cheap

I
VS1
59.4%
61%
EGL
med- fac

vg
vg
ft
6.24*6.18*3.69
$2158
$1942*
:wink2:

Jess

Rough_Rock
Hi. Actually, my boyfriend posted the above question, but he got the proportions from the EGL cert. He talked to someone who said that they couldn't get the Sarin report, so what the cert says is all we have to go on. A couple of questions:
1. Should he insist that the vendor get the stone in and get the #s or what? How should we go about getting the angles?
2. Is there a way to tell by looking at the scan of the front of the cert if it is NY or European lab (she emailed him that).

Budget is limited and he wants to be able to get the most for what he can spend, but I would be happy with a smaller stone if this one isn't what it should be.

Thanks so much for your help. I know I have learned so much from this forum and he has too. :wavey:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The cert will be EGL or EGL-USA - pretty simple :)

The chances are good that this stone will be a nice cut, but before buying I would insist on the angles. The simplest and best approach is to have it shipped first to Dave Atlass or another local appraiser on the list on the front page.
Dave will run a Sarin report and can also Ideal-Scope it for you. Many vendors will happily ship the stone direct to Dave for you as he is security listed and the vendors know that he is above reproach and fair.

Jess

Rough_Rock
Bummer, it just says EGL. I will pass the other info on, though. It is only one stone, there are many others. I won't know which one he ends up getting anyway! Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results