shape
carat
color
clarity

what''s the average price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joyrn

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody,

I am enquiring about the diamond I have. My diamond is a round, 2.67 carat, VS2, excellent cut, appraised by EGL. I was wondering what the average price is for this diamond? Don''t remember the actual measurements, all I remember is that the first figure was 9.08mm x then I can''t remember the rest?

Can someone let me know what he should have paid for this stone in Canadian dollars of US dollars?

thanks,
joyrn

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
well, do you have the EGL cert? That should have a little more info. Go above the "pricescope your diamond." Punch in the specs that you have and other similar diamonds and their current prices will pop up.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are different EGL labs which trade for different amounts so without knowing which egl lab it is and your comparing too it is hard to do comps.

thunkpad

Shiny_Rock
Hi, wlecome to Pricescope
35.gif

The color is important too to determine the average price but here's a couple of examples of similar size and clarity EGL stones from Whiteflash (similarly rated GIA and AGS stones will be more as they tend to be stricter in their grading)

2.60 E VS2 EGL $37,223.00
2.60 H VS2 EGL $26,467.00

Don't know what quality the cut is on those two.

joyrn

Rough_Rock
Hi,

the specs again are:

Cut: Excellent
Shape: Round Brilliant
Clarity: VS2
Colour: H
Cert: by EGL

thanks everybody! this site is great!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif
As the others have said, it is difficult to determine a price for this diamond, the nearest you can do is to use the search function as Jazmine suggested. Regarding cut quality, if you look on the cert you will see depth, table, crown and pavillion percentages, the would give us an idea of optical performance, but percents aren''t as accurate as angles and as far as I know EGL only use %. Is it EGL USA certed ? Just reading your post again, if it is a done deal, then don''t question it, there is always a better deal out there if you look hard enough, if you love your diamond and don''t wish to return it just enjoy it! What a great size!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2006 9:03:35 AM
Author: joyrn
Hi,

the specs again are:

Cut: Excellent
Shape: Round Brilliant
Clarity: VS2
Colour: H
Cert: by EGL

thanks everybody! this site is great!
Specs Are:
Shape (ie round, emerald, oval, radiant…)
Carat weight
Color
Clarity
Measurements
Depth
Table
Crown Angle/ Crown %
Pavilion Angle/ Pavilion %
Girdle
Polish
Symmetry
Culet
Fluorescence

The EGL people saying the cut is excellent does not mean anything. HTH!
35.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You ask, "What is the price?"

Do you mean the price a retailer would get or the price you would get? (which is about half)

Or do you mean the price an appraiser would give it? (Which is 30% or more higher than what you would pay)

"What is the Price of a diamond?" is about as clear as mud.

thunkpad

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/9/2006 12:25:38 PM
Author: kenny
You ask, ''What is the price?''

Do you mean the price a retailer would get or the price you would get? (which is about half)

Or do you mean the price an appraiser would give it? (Which is 30% or more higher than what you would pay)

''What is the Price of a diamond?'' is about as clear as mud.
Was going to make the same point earlier but then I noticed the "Can someone let me know what he should have paid for this stone?" bit. Makes it pretty clear that she wants to know the fair price one should pay for it from a store or online merchant
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results