shape
carat
color
clarity

What's a good size for a spacer ring?

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello there! I've been off the forum for a while (...life) and now I'm back, sort of :D

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post in so admins if this belong somewhere else please move it.

I have a WF .15 eternity band which I love, I and also have a .15 5 stone sapphire and diamond ring. I stack them together sometimes. When I went to a local jeweler (Geoffrey's) with my friend the jeweler cleaned my rings and louped them, checking the prongs. She said that the diamonds from the eternity band are scratching up the girdle of the sapphires!!!! :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

I figure I will get them recut/fixed at a later date when my circumstances are better but in the meantime, I want to get a spacer ring to wear. I actually have two 2mm platinum comfort rings (they're actually soldered together) and I'm going to take it apart and repurpose it to use as a spacer ring.

My question is, is 2 mm okay for a spacer ring for my .15 stones? I don't need to get a knife edge ring, do I?

TIA!~~~~~

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not quite related to my original post, I also wanted to say it's good to be here again, everyone has such beautiful pieces!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
It is my understanding that any plain metal band would be suitable for a spacer. I know some PSers have gotten spacers from Etsy that are I think 1 mm? Leon also makes a spacer band that curves around a ring but his version is more $$. A simple 2 mm band would work also :) :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yup,2mm should be o.k.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the advice! I brought in my 2mm rings for resizing and to separate them to make 2 spacer rings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results