shape
carat
color
clarity

what material for men's wedding band?

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
HI
My husband has gone through SEVERAL rings through our 18 year marriage. He wore a 14k pipe cut band when we got married for about 5 years and it got worked though he never asked me to have it polished. Then it got tight so I got him a grafite band which he liked because it was super light and comfortable but it also showed wear really easily. He is currently wearing a gunmetal grey tungsten band which has some weight to it (like platinum) but the best thing is it ALWAYS looks brand new and it also goes well with his favorite watch.

hope this helps :bigsmile:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mokume gane! I want to go DH one ... Some day...

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby has several.
Got married with a channel set diamond band .56 ctw. This is now worn only for dressy affairs.
Everyday band is 14k yellow gold milgrain band. It is pretty gouged up because he is rough with his jewelry.
He wears a titanium band when he goes backpacking because it is very light.
He also has a dura tungsten band that still looks brand new after he has worn it at times.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tungsten is going to hold up to scratching and dents better than almost anything else. My son-in-law got his at Tungsten World online. Some people may want one out of a precious metal and then have the tungsten one for wearing at certain times. That is also a good option.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1438053063|3908187 said:
I want one of these for myself, they are so beautiful!

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My husband loves his comfort fit tungsten band. It was around $20 or $25 from Amazon and it looks like new 4 years later.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH has a platinum band he has worn for 16 years. I've had it polished once when I had mine polished. He does not
wear it for doing work around the house/cars etc. I know some guys never take theirs off but mine does.

decisively_unsure

Shiny_Rock
Platinum especially considering the amount of money that goes on engagement rings. Treat him to a lovely platinum court style band. ;-)

It's fantastically hard-wearing, because it doesn't wear, it 'moves' and creates a cool patina.

It is more of a lifetime investment than tungsten, has a beautiful colour & reassuring 'weight', and can be resized in the future, unlike tungsten...

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My DH has a cobalt band. He works with his hands a lot and the ring still looks great. It's also a good match to my platinum set. I guess it's comfortable. He wasn't used to wearing a ring and has never complained about it.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1438098329|3908323 said:
PintoBean|1438053063|3908187 said:
I want one of these for myself, they are so beautiful!

I had never heard of those so I just googled. They are beautiful!

DeBeersorDeSoda

Rough_Rock
I'm glad someone opened up this thread, I had some questions of my own! :D. I was considering getting a rose gold wedding band for myself to match my fiance's engagement ring. What can I expect from the material and are there any particular care instructions recommended? Thanks!

decisively_unsure

Shiny_Rock
If you like the look, then I would be looking for a chunkier 22ct ("Crown Gold") rose gold ring. Very gentlemanly! Typically rose gold is in 18ct and below, or worse still, plated, but I like the look of a good solid rose gold ring, and it's a different choice to what most go for too. :)

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, travist :wavey:
Are you thinking you'd like a white metal band since your fiancée's exquisite e-ring** is white gold or does that not matter much to you?

If you're considering tungsten, one of my office colleagues has this band, purchased 6 years ago from Titanium Kay (an independent outfit in LA, not a corporate relative of the Kay Jewelers chain) & has been quite happy with it; also says he was very impressed by TK's customer service, and prices:
http://www.titaniumkay.com/2nd-Generation-Tungsten-Two-Tone-Wedding-Band-Ring-w-Grooves-P103791.html

** One of my best friend's sons, with a budget similar to yours last year, is now embarking on the search for an e-ring with a non-haloed cushion cut center stone. Is it any surprise that I sent him the link to this page over the weekend? ;))
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pics-from-gog.203043/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results