shape
carat
color
clarity

what makes this diamond more expensive

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Higgsr1

Rough_Rock
Just curious but ...here are two diamond. One of them is $600 dollars more. first is ags0 aca. second is gia. Based on these specs shouldnt they perform about the same.

.813 G Si1| .8 G si1
Depth 61.8% | 61.3%
Table 54.6 % | 55%
Crown 34.2%| 34%
Pav 40.8 | 41
Girdle MED-Fac | Thin - Med -Fac

POl Ideal|Ex
SYM Ideal | Ex

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Based on these specs, there is no reason to assume that they would automatically perform the same.

However, based on these specs, I cannot tell you which one is the most expensive either.

So, you have raised a very interesting question here.

Live long,

Higgsr1

Rough_Rock
could you price match these two diamonds if i asked the higher priced vendor?

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are they from the same vendor?

Different vendor priced different stones differently depending on the services they provide, also depends on when the stone is polish. From your past thread, the AGS stone is ACA, that will command a premium even if the 2 stones are from the same vendor.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2009 1:17:10 AM
Author: Paul-Antwerp
Based on these specs, there is no reason to assume that they would automatically perform the same.
Ditto, it would be reasonable to assume the AGS diamond is more expensive but there are other factors which could be driving the prices here.

Higgsr1

Rough_Rock
they are from different vendors? Plus i have not seen the ideal scope or aset of the second diamond. Also it is possible that if the same vendor owned both stones the second could be a aca, correct?

Higgsr1

Rough_Rock
sorry, they are from differnet vendors. Dont know why i put a ? after that statement.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2009 8:24:54 AM
Author: Higgsr1
they are from different vendors? Plus i have not seen the ideal scope or aset of the second diamond. Also it is possible that if the same vendor owned both stones the second could be a aca, correct?
Not if it has a GIA report, all ACA's have an AGS0 cut grade.

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, ACA is branded cut, meaning it is cut by a cutter specifically to supply WF with the stone and has several criteria to satisfy such as it need an AGS0 cut grade and be a H&A stone.

The GIA stone can be just as good as the ACA, if the ASET and Hearts check out, but it will not be an ACA.

Higgsr1

Rough_Rock
so, Im guessing I cannot show the first stone vendor the second stone to get them to come down on price, since technically they are "different."

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2009 9:09:46 AM
so, Im guessing I cannot show the first stone vendor the second stone to get them to come down on price, since technically they are 'different.'
Higgs, you are already aware an ACA is exclusive to Whiteflash from what I understand yes? If the first diamond is in fact an ACA, then it is a branded cut belonging to WF, the second is not so really no reason why WF should lower the price to match the non branded second diamond, it isn't comparing apples to apples so to speak.

If you want the branded h&a with all the vendor benefits that WF offer, upgrade policies, images etc then perhaps the extra cost is worth it to you. If not then maybe the second might be the best choice assuming you can get images and those check out. WF are already competitively priced, but if you pay with a bank wire and mention that you are from PS then that will get you a discount on the purchase price.

Higgsr1

Rough_Rock
Lorelei,

is there any way I can ask you a question off forum so its not public. As it names vendors prices and discounting and woouldnt want to ask it publicly for the sake of the companies.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2009 9:38:41 AM
Lorelei,

is there any way I can ask you a question off forum so its not public. As it names vendors prices and discounting and woouldnt want to ask it publicly for the sake of the companies.
Higgs,

I am really sorry but no way to contact me off the forums, if you are unsure whether your query is appropriate, just email admin and check with them then you can post without worry! If you just want to get feedback on which of the two you want to buy and pricing etc, you can go ahead and mention the name of the other company involved and the sums involved. I look at it this way, you aren't just buying a diamond but also the vendor's benefits accompanying the purchase, some vendor benefits might not apply to you personally so it can pay to take those benefits offered into consideration before pulling the trigger. If for example you are as sure as you can be that you might not ever want an upgrade policy, although the option is nice to have, then it might make a difference which vendor you go with if one offers a suitable diamond which is cheaper and a more limited to no upgrade policy, compared to a vendor who does and their diamond costs a bit more etc.

Can you get any images for the second diamond so we can make sure that it checks out?

Higgsr1

Rough_Rock
ok, so if you get a discount for being a price scope and can still use your credit card. Can you get an additionall discount for wire transfer. Its such a vague question since its based on the vendor but wasnt sure on it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2009 10:01:06 AM
ok, so if you get a discount for being a price scope and can still use your credit card. Can you get an additionall discount for wire transfer. Its such a vague question since its based on the vendor but wasnt sure on it.
I don't think you can get a discount paying with a credit card, some vendors offer a Pricescope discount which I believe you need to pay with a bank wire to get, I think this is the case with Whiteflash. I know it is vague and there is confusion that often arises on this issue, but generally if you can pay with a bank wire you can get a price reduction - normally the price you see listed on the Pricescope search above is the price listed for Pricescope members who pay with a bank wire, if you see the diamond listed through a non PS search the price will be higher, so the price you see as advertised here is the PS discount which is obtainable by paying with a bank wire - or that is how I have understood it.

Always check with the vendor concerning the particular diamond you want to buy as to what discount is applicable.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Just to clarify, I have made many purchases from Whiteflash, always using a credit card and there is a pricescope discount even if you pay by credit card. The deepest discount is by paying wire transfer, but you still get a discount off the regular listed price by mentioning pricescope, and you pay by credit card. Also, an upgrade policy is a very good thing to have, even if you think you''ll never upgrade. (I went from a 0.435 carat to a 0.735 carat to a 1.331 carat diamond, and I may not be done upgrading yet.)

Higgsr1

Rough_Rock
ok so lets for example if i get a 5% off discount from Wf using a credit card. Could i possible get additional discount by doing a wire transfer , say another 5% or whatever.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2009 10:50:24 AM
Author: coda72
Just to clarify, I have made many purchases from Whiteflash, always using a credit card and there is a pricescope discount even if you pay by credit card. The deepest discount is by paying wire transfer, but you still get a discount off the regular listed price by mentioning pricescope, and you pay by credit card. Also, an upgrade policy is a very good thing to have, even if you think you''ll never upgrade. (I went from a 0.435 carat to a 0.735 carat to a 1.331 carat diamond, and I may not be done upgrading yet.)
Hey friend!

Thanks for clarifying, didn''t think it applied to CC purchases but guess it must do!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2009 11:03:55 AM
ok so lets for example if i get a 5% off discount from Wf using a credit card. Could i possible get additional discount by doing a wire transfer , say another 5% or whatever.
I don''t think so but best to ask WF concerning your particular situation Higgs, I would think only one discount per transaction would apply.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
No, you don''t get that deep of a discount. You have to ask WF to be certain, but I believe the discount is 2.5% if you use a credit card, and 5% if you use wire transfer or something along those lines. Remember WF must pay a fee for every transaction if you pay by credit card, so that is why the discount is so much less.

Higgsr1

Rough_Rock
gotcha, just wanted to make sure. I was quoted 5% off using a cc. Probably cause its aca in- house diamond. didnt know if i went with wire it would be more. I think i got a pretty good deal though. I was just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results