shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of wedding band do people have with a Tiffany-style or plain band setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

michela002

Shiny_Rock
I was just wondering for all those out there who have a Tiffany style setting (or my question would also apply to anyone with any single diamond plain band setting) -- what kind of wedding band do you have?

I like engagement rings with pave bands but as cost is an issue a plainer e-ring setting might allow for a larger stone. Then I could then get a more ornate wedding band (or so goes the theory.) Just wanted to see how a pave/channel-set/shared prong/any kind of diamond wedding band would look with an engagement ring that has a plain band.

Anyone got pics they can post so I can see how it would look and get some ideas? Thank you!!

ilovebling

Rough_Rock
Here are some pictures of mine. Currently I have my stone in a Lucida-type setting but I''m considering changing both, since I feel they look bulky on my size 5 hands.

m3.jpg

ilovebling

Rough_Rock
on my hand...I dont know how everyone takes such nice pics of their rings...mine are so blurry!!

set10_0v.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2005 8:18
6.gif
3 PM
Author: ilovebling
on my hand...I dont know how everyone takes such nice pics of their rings...mine are so blurry!!

Try it in Macro setting with no flash. And move it back a little. Play around with the pictures.
And then.....don''t forget to post those beauties!

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/21/2005 8:21:12 PM
Author: I Love Sparkly Things
At www.tiffany.com there is a section where you can see what all their wedding bands look like with the solitare e-ring. They have examples of knife-edges, shared prong and channel set.
I have seen what Tiffanys have online, but thanks!
21.gif

If I get a plain Tiffany-style (6-prong setting) it will have quite a thin band, flat at the top (not knife-edge). I would then consider pairing it with a very thin (same width as the e-ring band) channel set, pave or shared-prong wedding band. Most of the Tiffanys ones advertised are a little chunky for me.

I just thought real-life examples were better than the glossy Tiffanys pictures
1.gif

I''m particularly interested to see if anyone put pave with a plain band ... ?

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a pic that I saved. I have a plain tif. knock-off setting, so I''m thinking of a more ornate wedding band.

RingsETAJ.jpg

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another one I saved.

Wedding set I like.gif

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
And one last pic. These are not pics of my rings...I''m sorry if I''ve offended anyone by posting their pics.

Good Pic of Sol with Etern band.jpg

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Ohhhhhhh thank you Spartan. That''s exactly the kind of thing(s) I''m thinking of! I especially love the first one (the thin wedding band.) They all look so pretty!
9.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!

Do you have a link for the third one? I''m thinking that style e-ring with the wedding band of the first one ...

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much Spartan! You''ve been astoudingly helpful!
9.gif

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
You''re welcome! Glad I could help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results