shape
carat
color
clarity

what is GemGuard? Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaya

Rough_Rock
I cant seem to find a lot of information on them? Are they an isurance company who insures e-rings or do they only put inscriptions on stones. Does anyone have any experiences with them and what they do or offer and if it is insurance they provide is it as good as Chubb?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah... sounds complicated (LINK on GemGuard) and their full service (whatever that is down the "Worldwide Replacement Coverage" link at the bottom of that page) seems to apply only if their service was purchased BEFORE you bought the gem (by the seller, I assume)so that the coverage is activated (their word) in the same day as the purchase.

I would read the exclusion claused carefully too - repair and mailing seems to be among them. Not sure if this is standard.

Since GemGuard is not an insurance provider per se, they seem to be selling a specialized jewelry policy sources from insurance companies.
read.gif

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Ana
The data your link points to, looks like they are a Laser inscription service using a database register and a link to insurers as a way to increase sales, may be wrong though, their website is not very explicit.
Johan

kaya

Rough_Rock
Thank you all, I informed my bf, so hopefully he will look into chubb, it does seem from the link that its a gem inscription service, not too clear.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results