shape
carat
color
clarity

What is "Court Witness" for appraisers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tjs

Rough_Rock
I''m trying to choose an appraiser from the PS resources page and I wasn''t sure what Court Witness meant with respect to appraising.

Also, is the listings on PS''s resource page generated by any appraiser who wants to sign up? Or are they PS-recommended appraisers?

Thanks

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 1:38:02 PM
Author:tjs

Also, is the listings on PS''s resource page generated by any appraiser who wants to sign up? Or are they PS-recommended appraisers?

Thanks
Not sure about the "court" part of your question, but this thread should give you some background on the development of the appraiser list. Beyond this...I can tell you that I know of at least 2 appraisers who have been kicked off since having been originally included.

Also, there''s new management on board...and they might like to address this as well.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
"Court witness" means the appraiser has testified in court as an expert witness.

From my knowledge the appraiser resource is available to any appraiser who wants to sign up, but if they are found to be operating "out of bounds" their info is removed.

The Pricescope administration in and of itself is in a neutral position, helping consumers by making resources available to them, but is not really "recommending" anyone. It''s up to the consumer to pursue references and recommendations.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would personally like to see the appraiser resource section more user friendly with clearer headings and categories.

What do you guys think? And what are the most important categories that consumers would like to see in the appraiser''s section?

Also...ID the appraisers who are active on this forum.

Jeff Averbook, G.G. (Graduate Gemologist since 1986)
Medford, MA

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results