shape
carat
color
clarity

What if the Sarin report varies from the GIA report?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jimmerson

Rough_Rock
Dealing with a Daniel K square-emerald, and the GIA report says Ex-Ex. I requested a Sarin report and it came back VG VG.

What gives, and how should I respond (i.e., reject outright, ask for price reduction, etc.)?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A Sarin does not actually grade Polish or Symmetry like a lab might do. It has built in software to look at parameters and it does offer that opinion of cut quality, but no one regards this result as anything important. Sarin machines do not all agree perfectly with eachother, but for their purpose, they are "accurate enough" and pose little problem because they don''t all work identically. Close with a shot gun is good enough. A few hundredths off with different Sarins is not a problem, either.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''d ditto Dave and add one thing.

The Sarin actually does attempt to grade symmetry based on the deviations in the facet measurements. The highest grade it will give a diamond is "Very Good" and doesn''t use "Excellent" in its nomenclature so you''re fine in that regards.

All the best,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results