shape
carat
color
clarity

What happens to the trade ins?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
So..... just curious.... what happens to the trade ins? Typically stones cannot be resold at the same price, and we know some of these vendors do a LOT of trade ins.... so like, taking mara for example... she''s had a few trade ins.... do they get resold at current market price and the consumer is none the wiser? I don''t think it would bother me to have a trade in so long as the polish was still immaculate... but what???

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regular jewelry stores take them out of the setting and polish them if needed. Then they mark them up and resell them.

I guess the internet vendors do the same.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
There've been discussions about this before, I'm sure you'll find a lot of reading pleasure
2.gif
if you do a search.

But yes, basically, traded-in diamonds are examined, usually re-certed, and then resold at current market value. Most of the time the new buyer is none the wiser.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2006 10:57:37 PM
Author: Lynn B
There''ve been discussions about this before, I''m sure you''ll find a lot of reading pleasure
2.gif
if you do a search.

But yes, basically, traded-in diamonds are examined, usually re-certed, and then resold at current market value. Most of the time the new buyer is none the wiser.
I never thought to search THIS topic!!! I thought I''d seen everything already ;-) lol!! Okay, I think the key here is *RE-CERTED*! That way you just never know... interesting!!! Though kinda unfair that they can resell like new and we can''t!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
From experience I know Tiffany''s sells them on the secondary market...such a shame, because my three stone ring that I traded was amazing and it was not nice for me to think it was just going to be taken apart and shipped off...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results