shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this diamond based on ASET

avenger386

Rough_Rock
I've finally found something that looks good on paper and was wondering if any ideal scope or ASET experts can give me some input.

1.5 carat, G color, VS1 (Crystal, Cloud, Pinpoint), Ideal cut HCA of 1.6 (no florescence), sym and polish are GIA excellent

Was looking for a H&A diamond and this seems to be the closest I can get without actually going for something labeled H&A thought there still seems to be a premium on this one versus others.

I think the H&A looks a bit sloppy since it looks like the cut of the crown and pavillion is off by several degrees. The ASET seems to be too green (but this is the first time i'm trying to read ideal scope and ASET so I'm looking to be corrected). This diamond is 13.8K... Am I paying too much for this diamond?

There is a james allen 1.54 carat, G- color, "truehearts", VVS2 for 14.8K but it has strong florescence so I'm worried there.

normal.png

_616.png

_617.png

_618.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I like that they use a white background on their ASETs, but they haven't mastered getting a good image. It appears to have light leakage in the center, but in actuality it just simply may be they are shining a light too close to the stone or something. There are some white reflections in the arrow image that probably shouldn't be there. But it looks good. Give us the numbers on the stone.

avenger386

Rough_Rock
Yeah... I really didn't like their ASET image, most of the other ones I've seen seem to be high contrast so it's easy to tell red and green. This one was so washed out, I really couldn't tell.

This rock is here http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?reportno=1189383778&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&pagename=GIA%2FDispatcher&c=Page&cid=1355954554547

The report is 6 months old, which makes me worried as well. I'm wondering why no one has picked it up. But it's worries all around when you are looking to spend this much on a first jewelry purchase ;-)

avenger386

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply diamondseeker. I was trying to understand what you meant about the reflection on the arrow image. Do you mean the white from 3 o'clock around to 9'clock close to the center? Do you think the black dots on the heart image are problems too?

Also, I just found another diamond with very similar specs. 1.5Ct , G-color, Ideal-cut, but VS2 instead of VS1 clarity. I actually like the second stone more in terms of cut, because it seems obvious to me from hearts image that the hearts are better formed. However, the ASET image stumps me again. Looks like a completely different image, since it doesn't have the white backlight of the first. Also the color is purple instead of red and that gives me a harder time to read the image.

Could someone give me some input about the relative cut/light performance of these stones? Thanks to pricescope I now value cut higher than clarity but I would still absolutely want eye-clean diamonds only. So of the two diamonds which one do you think has a better cut and hence light performance?

First stone: GIA 1189383778 HCA of 1.6 for $13,420
Second stone: GIA 1195562728 HCA of 1.6 for $12,560

Thanks for the assistance PS-er!

_619.png

_620.png

_621.png

_622.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well you are right that they certainly have some interesting ASET images! I think the second one looks better. I think I would choose that one. It would be good to check inclusions if they have a video, but it probably is fine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results