shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this ASET & IS? (Emerald cut)

cl21

Rough_Rock
Just received the ASET & Ideal scope of the diamond (Emerald cut)
ASET is very GREEN

Does it look terrible?
I have the diamond by my side and I can see the hole leaking light in the center....other than that...it looks good
4466875_idealscope_image_0.jpg

4466875_aset_image.jpg

This is a 1.65ct G VS2 with medium blue fluoro...1.44 ratio...eye clean

should I return it?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
cl21|1397691623|3654692 said:
ASET is very GREEN

Does it look terrible?

should I return it?
Yes and yes
awful p3 angles and likely the p2 angles are off.
https://www.pricescope.com/journal/performance-and-p3-facets-discussion-about-step-cut-diamonds

Take it into soft diffused lighting and look at the center of the stone where the stone is not suspended in air.
The V of your fingers or a ring type stone holder will work.
Edit: you said you could see the leakage in the center, try the above and you will see how it will look on your finger. Your losing somewhere around an estimated 60% of the total brightness of a well cut EC.

cl21

Rough_Rock
Karl_K|1397701211|3654764 said:
cl21|1397691623|3654692 said:
ASET is very GREEN

Does it look terrible?

should I return it?
Yes and yes
awful p3 angles and likely the p2 angles are off.
https://www.pricescope.com/journal/performance-and-p3-facets-discussion-about-step-cut-diamonds

Take it into soft diffused lighting and look at the center of the stone where the stone is not suspended in air.
The V of your fingers or a ring type stone holder will work.
Edit: you said you could see the leakage in the center, try the above and you will see how it will look on your finger. Your losing somewhere around an estimated 60% of the total brightness of a well cut EC.

OMG...losing 60%! It really looks pretty though....Thank you sooo much Karl for the advice :) will get another one

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't say this often. But. I told you so. I told you two threads ago that you were going about this the wrong way.

NOW will you listen?

This is a GORGEOUS stone, that I will post for you again. http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/11447/ I highly recommend you start listening.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going about the way you are for an EC stone, you will spend a lot of time and money shipping stones back and forth. I would shop from vendors that provide pictures, videos and ASET upfront. You may pay a little more upfront but it will save you more time and money in the long run. The EC you showed proves that even though the numbers might look good, it's a dud. It is leaking light down the center and the sides aren't much better (too much green, hardly any red). An untrained eye might think it looks sparkly because you have not seen a well cut EC for comparison.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results