shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of these stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mnbarrister

Rough_Rock
1.23ct Princess Cut Diamond, H in color and VS1 in clarity, 78% Depth, 76% Table, Medium Polish – Girdle, No Culet or Fluorescence, Polish and Symmetry – Good, the diamond measures 5.80 x 5.69 x 4.46mm.

1.28ct Princess Cut Diamond, H in color and VS1 in clarity, 74% Depth, 76% Table, Medium Polished Girdle, No Culet or Fluorescence, Polish and Symmetry – Good, the diamond measures 5.88 x 5.87 x 4.35mm.

I am looking at them for a pair of diamond solitares and priced about $7,500.

I really appreciate you input. If thee are specific problems please point them out.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I'm not liking either of them. You really don't want to go for a stone with a depth greater than 75%, and the best stones tend to have a table 3-5% smaller than the depth. Also, I would consider going lower in clarity to save yourself some money (you can get 100% eye clean SI1 stones that will look no different except under magnification). Hope this helps!

bling

Shiny_Rock
sorry, i cant really comment as i dont know princess cuts. but i must add..they must be very popular, as i see more and more posts from folks looking for advice on princess cut stones...makes me think i should read up on them! ahaha..im sure some others here will be able to give you good advice though.. good luck!
read.gif

mnbarrister

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your responses. What do you think about the price of ~$7,500 total for both stones? Is the value for the stones sound good or about right for the description?

Thanks.

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
I'm a newbie but the price looks wrong. You're getting them for about $3k per carot. The price range I saw in my pricescope search for a similar rock was $4k to $5.6k per carot.

I wonder why you are getting such a steep discount over online vendors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results