shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of these GIA specs?

luvely

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, just wondering if you guys think this is a good diamond?

I've seen this stone in person but it's not as pretty as others I've seen with higher clarity like VS 1 and VS 2 but I think it was a decent price at $3300 I believe and I liked their ring settings

I just wanted to see if it was a good quality diamonds or not?

Excellent cut is most important and I prefer no fluorescense.

I originally wanted near colorless but in person I loved E (colorless) and I thought I would be fine with minimum s1 but I've seen some very very sparkly ones with higher clarity. Also i do think around 0.8 carat fits my hand and budget-- looking to spend $5000 total including a platinum ring setting.

This one is is0.8 carat F S2

http://www.gia.edu/otmm_wcs_int/proxy-pdf/?ReportNumber=5186247888&url=https://myapps.gia.edu/RptChkClient/reportClient.do?ReportNumber=51567C39713CC29417B65DC0B4376642

Please let me know what you think-- thanks so much!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crown angle is too high. There might be leakage.

Here are some safer parameters:

Table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0

pavilion angle: 40.6-41.0

I would recommend eyeclean SI1 or VS2 for clarity. I wouldn't pay for a high color like F and pair it with low clarity. I'd rather have G-H VS2, personally.

sharkweb

Rough_Rock
Not bad. The crown angle and depth are slightly high for my preference. I would also try to find something that has a wider table to get some extra visual spread. Personally I like clarity over color so I think the F is overkill. Did you consider any G VS2s?

sharkweb

Rough_Rock
@dimondseeker we wrote those responses at almost the exact same time. I like your style. :clap:

luvely

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for responding! :)

My I ask which part of that diagram shows the crown angle?

And I'm curious, when you say you would prefer a lower color grade and slightly higher clarity, it it because you can visually notice the difference?

The problem I'm having with looking at stones in stores is it's hard to tell what they look like in the store but they are obviously very cautious when I ask to see them outside in natural light and they bring them out one at a time in a holder as opposed to loose in a ring so it's really hard to compare :shifty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luvely|1429836592|3866870 said:
http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=2171029022

How's this one? It's H VS2 but cost more at 3650 and crown angle is a bit higher than the numbers posted

Please use the parameters I gave you above. A 36.5 crown angle is going to mean leakage in that stone. You need to stay within safe numbers especially if you are not going to be able to access light return images.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just so you know what the numbers are on a diagram, using the last diamond:

table: 57

depth: 62.2

crown angle: 36.5

pavilion angle: 40.6

It is the diameter that determines how big a diamond appears visually. The table size does not.

luvely

Rough_Rock
Just curious if the pavilion angle is not within limits how would that affect the appearance of the diamond?
I'm going back to another place who seemed to have good prices for GIA stones so I will show them these numbers.

Would you happen to know if having such parameters would drive up the cost of the diamond? As well as parameters such as excellent symmetry ect?

Thanks so much!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results