shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about this ring? (Ebay, EGL)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maybe?
have you seen this thread?

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/egl-si2-came-back-gia-i1-for-the-love-of-pete.191263/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/egl-si2-came-back-gia-i1-for-the-love-of-pete.191263/[/URL]

I know the color and clarity will be soft, as compared to if it were a cert from GIA, so would you be ok if that stone came back a K, I1? if so then seems good if the angles are represented correctly, i truly dont know if angles and whatnot are as lax as color and clarity.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I think the halo is too big...What's your total budget and what are you looking for?? It seems for a long time you haven't been able to find what you want...do you know what you want? My suggestion is always to put all your money into the stone and temporarily set it in a solitaire. Then for an anniversary upgrade the setting. What's your criteria? Carat size? Color, clarity?

brtb

Rough_Rock
04diamond<3|1374198861|3485903 said:
I think the halo is too big...What's your total budget and what are you looking for?? It seems for a long time you haven't been able to find what you want...do you know what you want? My suggestion is always to put all your money into the stone and temporarily set it in a solitaire. Then for an anniversary upgrade the setting. What's your criteria? Carat size? Color, clarity?

You're absolutely right! I don't know what I want. I love bezels, bezel halos, and low profile rings in general. I love the look of this ring, and I saw the price, but I know this isn't top notch quality. I see all of these rings and gorgeous settings, but the settings are so $$$$. $2500 is our budget for now.

I think you're right, for our budget get a great stone, and then I can halo it later if I want (or not). I'm so indecisive.

Criteria: Round, .5-.75, Ideal, H-J, eye clean. My ring size is a 5 and I have long, skinny fingers so I know anything above .75 looks weird on my finger. I've gone to stores to get the feel of stone sizes on my finger.

I saw this setting that I really like and the price is reasonable at Blue Nile. (Leaf Solitaire).

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-engagement-ring-white-gold_21201

I've tried really hard to like James Allen and WhiteFlash and I get that they have amazing stones, but I don't see a setting I like and when I do it super expensive. I saw a reasonably priced halo on JA, but it looks like it sits too high for my taste.

I don't know....I'm all over the place.

Thanks for your patience. Last year I was all about getting a morganite.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you don't mind getting your dream setting later as you mentioned, I'd rather put my entire budget towards getting the diamond. If you get a subpar setting, you'll never be happy with it down the road, not to mention the risk of melees falling out.

brtb

Rough_Rock
Actually, I'm open to Ks. Thanks! But, they would probably look better in YG instead of WG, am I right?

So, I promise the next time I post a new thread it will be to show off my new ring! Thanks Everyone!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a k in unplateded white gold. But admittedly it isn't bezeled.

I will be reseting my rings in yellow golf though....

Are you open to yellow or rose gold? If so I'd ask if James Allen has examples of Ks in different bezel colors.

And feel free to post as many threads as you want, I understand the indecision

brtb

Rough_Rock
Niel|1374240083|3486125 said:
I have a k in unplateded white gold. But admittedly it isn't bezeled.

I will be reseting my rings in yellow golf though....

Are you open to yellow or rose gold? If so I'd ask if James Allen has examples of Ks in different bezel colors.

And feel free to post as many threads as you want, I understand the indecision

I am open to yellow gold. I'm Indian so YG looks good on me, but I wear a lot of silver and I'm more drawn to WG.

Thanks!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I happen to think yellow gold is beautiful, and you could get a tiffany style two tone wedding band to still get some white Goldman there. Or buy a Cartier rolling ring to wear with it.

Get what you love, but either would be pretty I think. And I think that size k could go in unplated white gold.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new stone is a K. I put it next to a G and couldn't tell the difference, but some can....Mine is going in platinum. It looks totally white from the top...

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
I have an EGL-USA M old mine cut diamond set in rose gold that looks amazingly white.

liz

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results