shape
carat
color
clarity

What colour diamond is your engagement ring?

What colour diamond is your engagement ring?

• D

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • E

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • F

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • G

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • H

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • I

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • J

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • K

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • L or lower

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Fancy

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

jeniroquai

Rough_Rock
Firstly I apologise if this poll had been done before, I did a quick search and nothing came up.

Okay so I'm not concerned about CARAT size at the moment, nor the shape of the diamond, I'm curious on what colour diamond (i.e. main stone if you have more than 1 in the setting) your engagement ring is.

Also I'm interested in how many of you opted colour over size, and vice versa so if you could leave some comments about that would greatly appreciate, thanks.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the color of a k . I wanted to work with James Allen and a k was as low as their inventory goes . I regret nothing! Loluploadfromtaptalk1401151242157.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, yay for the Ks! So far :wink2:
My stone is a K transitional, given to DH by his grandma. I've always loved the color.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine was sold as a G/H and just had it appraised and it came up H.. I was much younger then :) I had a D oval before that and to be honest, this wasn't quite as white but there was no black band in the middle.. I cherish my stone. :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought mine before pricescope. And it's an F and it's a step cut. If I had known then, what I know now I would have happily gone for a larger H.

If I wanted a round brilliant? I'd happily go down to J.

flash_and_fire

Rough_Rock
Mine is a G (pre-ps). Of course I would've loved a lower color bigger stone in hindsight.

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is an I. I love it, and I was able to get the size I wanted while staying in my budget :)

_19369.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is a F and I am very happy with the color.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F pre-Pricescope (1996) and am very happy with it.

My parameters were D-F, VS2-SI1.
There were not a whole lot of nicely shaped pears around so this was it at the time.

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have an E - I wanted higher than h, and in my price range, this was the stone I liked best. I sacrificed .2 or so of size for this color and to get the style of cushion that I really wanted. I was already a PSer and am happy with my choice.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my G.

screen_shot_2014-06-20_at_6.png

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First e-ring is an H. I think the color is fine, I love the ring, but the one I got recently has a D colored stone. I guess I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Plus I wanted a round after many years of pear.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cultist, your pear is gorgeous btw. I have admired the photos for some time.

metatrix

Shiny_Rock
J. It is not set yet, but I go to my jeweller often to visit with the stone. :)
It is warm, but in the words of my jeweller, it isn't 'pissy yellow' like other Js I've seen.

I went for the lowest clarity (SI2) and colour that I could get away with, while maximizing size (3.14 ct) without compromising on cut or transparency. I think I ended up with great value for my budget, and I'm very pleased.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Candygrl|1403309286|3697612 said:
Neil love your ring. What color re your side stones?
All Ks. And thanks!!

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is an H. I'd like to upgrade to a G when my husband and I are done with school.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wear a diamond band currently, and the diamonds are F/G color.

Before that I owned two H stones, and then an I, and then two J color stones. If I were to pick out a new diamond, I would stick with J or even K, as I think they are great values.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting thread. It's gotten replies from people from 'way back. :o I said G, because that's what my original e-ring was. The other diamonds, I have bought for myself and they range from F down to M. I have some sim stones from Wink that are supposed to be O/P range, because I wanted to try that distinctive yellow color to see if I'd like it long-term. 10+ years of Pricescope has convinced me that an e-ring center diamond doesn't have to be colorless or near-co0lorless. But I still haven't decided where my cutoff is. It might be L/M ,and I might skip J and K altogether because they are just weird off-whites to my eyes.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Love my K EC! If I upgrade for size I plan to look in the H-K range, hoping to find an I.

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
Mine is a GIA I! I think I is the lowest I would go in this cut- its white almost all the time but I can see a tint when i look at the profile. I am happy with the size and color and clarity, i would have dropped to an SI1 in clarity if it meant a larger stone (or if it saved my fiance money, I hope he didn't overpay!! :blackeye: ), but wouldn't drop any further in color.

20140419_130900.jpg20140517_163735.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot I still have pics of my ER, taken for listing it for sale to raise cash to do up my new home after the divorce, a 3-stone EC totalling about 0.7ct, G/H, VS clarity, in 18k WG. I chose it myself back in 1996 and started my love for ECs ever since (apology for the quality of the pic):

3stonering_01m.jpg

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was engaged with a GIA modern RB GVS2 and my current ER is a GIA OEC LVS1. And I love everything about it. Before I saw it I had many misconceptions about color and all I can say is what applies to modern cuts doesn't apply to old cuts and you have to see each one in person to decide what your preferences are in regards to old cuts IMO.

It wasn't so much a matter of opting for size over color with regards to my current ER. It was the ring that I fell in love with and the size (4.56) shows off its beautiful faceting perfectly. I was originally searching for nothing less than an H color in an OEC but when I saw this diamond all bets were off so to speak so I would urge you to keep an open mind and try to see the diamonds in person if at all possible. Good luck with your search!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9W0VGN_fGw&feature=youtu.be

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine was sold to me as a G-H and is uncerted. I've never bothered to get it checked out to see what it actually is so it wouldn't surprise me if it were lower in colour than that.

I'd go lower in colour to have a larger diamond. I disliked the diamond at first because from the side I could see colour. Now I realise that no one looks at it that closely except me, but everyone notices size.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results