shape
carat
color
clarity

WF vs eWeddingBands

simplesimon

Rough_Rock
I'm comparing a wedding band on WhiteFlash and what seems to be the exact same one on eWeddingBands and there's over $200 price difference and I was seeking the forum's help in trying to figure out why that is. I've searched the forums and it sounds like eWB uses a harder PT alloy, which is something I'd actually prefer so it seems like an even more obvious choice to go with eWB.

http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/contemporary-comfort-fit-wedding-ring-2298.htm
http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product168111.html

Difference in height of the rings? Quality? Company operating structures?

Thank you very much for your time, I greatly appreciate it!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An explanation of the difference in price could be that e-weddingbands has an in-house manufacturing facility, while WF is selling a Benchmark wedding band, so there would be a markup on whatever they purchase the Benchmark band for that is passed on to the customer.

I have been happy with my plain bands from e-weddingbands, so if it's cheaper, and it's the band you want, go with e-weddingbands. I also see a coupon code on their website. If we were talking bands with diamonds, I'd lean towards WF.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not purchased from WF, but we purchased my husband's wedding band from eWeddingBands... The style was pretty common, as I'd seen it on various sites for more money. We saved over $300 by getting it there. Good luck!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a pretty common band. I would save the money and buy at EWB.
I bought mine from them in 2007, and its holding up perfectly.
Good luck.

Ps. I you call WF and show them the link, perhaps they can discuss differences, if any, and perhaps deal in price due to competitive situation.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I happen to be addicted to plain wedding bands. I have purchased at least 6 wedding bands from e wedding bands and have been happy with overall quality and service. I think the WF band you linked is actually made by the company "benchmark" which is also a brand. When I compared my bands to the benchmark bands at my local jewelry store I could feel that the benchmark band was heavier and fuller if hat makes any sense. I actually preferred the feel of the benchmark. In the end I wear plain Cartier bands. Lol. You may want to get on chat with WF and e wedding bands. Ask about the weight and thickness. If there is no difference. Then go with the cheaper. But I can tell you from my obsession that there are differences between my 10 or so plain 2mm and 2.5mm bands. :roll:

Maybe order bother and return the one you don't like? Check the return policy on purchases like these.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are the SAME band! They are both made by Benchmark. It's their European comfort fit band. Www.benchmarkrings.com
WF has high-ish prices IMO. James Allen also sells Benchmark rings (under their classic bands) and they are usually cheaper than WF too. I wonder if WF's Benchmark prices are higher because they openly advertise the ring as Benchmark, whereas some other places don't so they can list at a lower price.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results