shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding band to complement lucida/x-prong style solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hallandr

Rough_Rock
hello all,

i'm looking for the right wedding band to go with the engagement ring i've picked out. basically, i'm going with the lucida/vatche x-prong style setting with most likely a square princess or radiant, about .75 ct. (size 4.5)

my girlfriend and i tried a similar ring at tiffany, but i of course won't be buying the ring there because i am more interested in value than brand. when we were in the store, we also looked at a diamond band that i thought complemented the lucida ring very well. it was NOT the lucida wedding band...much smaller and more elegant i thought.

the problem is, i have not seen anything similar to that band online, or at any other jeweler, so i need some help. the salesguy at tiffany wrote the following down for me, but i can't find anything similar:

PT 2mm FL .36 TW

so, i think this means platinum, 2mm width, flush setting, .36 ct total weight. but, i have not found a single diamond (eternity?...the diamonds went all the way around) band with such a small width. additionally, i, didn't notice at the time what cut/style the small diamonds were. all i can remember is that you didn't really notice the band at all, it just seemed like a completely connected set of diamonds. it looked great by itself, which is important because my girlfriend is a nurse and will probably not be wearing the engagement ring much of the time.

so anyway, is anybody familiar with a ring like this, or have i constructed something in my imagination that doesen't really exist? this board has been incredibly informative so far, with tons of information for those who like the lucida setting, but i haven't found anything on matching wedding bands. help please!

hallandr

laxgirl4493

Rough_Rock
I just saw a picture of a w-band on "Diamond Talk" another forum a channel set diamond band that matches the Vatche X prong ring which is similar(go to diamond talk.com then the diamond forum and search under "vatche channel set band to match X-prong" the band is beautiful. Good luck!

laxgirl4493

Rough_Rock
This search might work better When searching diamond talk you want to go 1st to diamond forum than search "Vatche channel set band" then read "vatche channel set band to match x-prong" Good luck

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also there are many many 2mm eternity bands out there. I have seen them at alot of jewelers, and if you look online by just searching for 'eternity diamond ring' or similar you would find many responses. 2mm is a very thin width but it is pretty popular right now. For example, Michael B has a 2000 eternity band with .50c on it, its expensive, but its gorgeous and you are paying for the brand. Or you could have something made up that would be quite similar or exactly what you saw for much less than that, if it is in platinum with .50c I'd estimate maybe around 1k or a little more depending.

Lucky the eternity rings are easy to find. Just keep searching, also the style is called 'eternity' band, meaning diamonds all the way around, the diamonds can be rounds, princess or my personal favorite, pave which means baby diamonds mixed with metal for a glittering 'road of diamonds' kind of look.

Here are a few quick links I found:

1.10ct eternity ring, 2mm, $1045 (would be $250 more in plat)
http://www.sunjewelry.com/ab1003.html

.67c eternity ring, 2mm, $350
http://badiamond.store.yahoo.net/r5886.html

This site has TONS of eternity bands, in every shape and size required:
http://www.platinum-diamond.com/diamondeternitybands.htm

also check out www.faycullen.com as she has many antique style eternity rings that are pretty thin.

check out michaelb.com if you want to see his pave eternity diamond bands, gorgeous. You could also have these replicated at a jeweler who does custom work for less.

etc...so keep searching! Good luck and Happy Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results