shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band on Halo Engagement Ring

nimmy7

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone.

I am now in the market for a wedding band to match the engagement ring. Please note on my ring i have a Donuts with diamonds on it.

My fiance is deciding if she wants a band that sits flush with her setting (it would need a curved top by the donut) or just a normal wedding band that the donut will cause a space between the bands.

We are probably going to get the band through Brian Gavin to match the look.

What are your guys thoughts/tips. You guys were so helpful during my engagement ring process

shot_10.jpg

shot_11.jpg

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I prefer a plain straight metal band with a gap.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I also would prefer the straight band. I like the option of wearing the band only.

nimmy7

Rough_Rock
To fix that problem of wearing the band by it self would it be possible to get an eternity curved band? that way she can spin the band so the curved part is at the bottom her finger and cant be seen and there would be diamonds would be all around the band so what people would see is a normal diamond band

That way she can have best of both worlds. Sitting flush with her current setting and if she wants to wear it by her self she can.

Let me know if that makes sense or possible or a bad idea

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
nimmy7|1421120251|3815547 said:
To fix that problem of wearing the band by it self would it be possible to get an eternity curved band? that way she can spin the band so the curved part is at the bottom her finger and cant be seen and there would be diamonds would be all around the band so what people would see is a normal diamond band

That way she can have best of both worlds. Sitting flush with her current setting and if she wants to wear it by her self she can.

Please don't do this. Horrible idea. That would be so uncomfortable.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Make sure she understands that if she chooses a notched/curved band to try to get the "flush" look, it will not sit flush all the time. Unless the rings are soldered together, it will shift and spin just like any other ring.

I have several friends who wanted a straight band, but had to have their rings sit flush, so they ended up getting a curved band. Every single one of them were disappointed because the rings wouldn't sit together. I just wanted to give you the heads up, in case you were on the fence about choosing to have your band notched or curved in hopes of having them stay flush.

Personally, I adore a gap, but it's not for everyone. I like that I can stack and/or wear my band alone. :))

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1421157945|3815647 said:
nimmy7|1421120251|3815547 said:

Please don't do this. Horrible idea. That would be so uncomfortable.

...yeaaaah, I wouldn't do this, either. :shock:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it iS possible for a curved band to not shift too much. It has to be sized precisely - not even a tad large and perhaps one sizing ball in the middle of the shank. That still leaves the issue of wearing the band alone. I'd get a plain sstraight band too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results