shape
carat
color
clarity

We bought a diamond :-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jenn

Rough_Rock
Well after weeks of researching, my fiance and I finally bought a diamond!! A big thank you to all of the Pricescope posters--we've been lurkers on this forum for weeks now and we've learned SOOO much here (I must have used the search feature about a hundred times! lol)! Here are the specs on my stone (it's a SuperbCert and the cert was GIA):

1.37 Carats
I color with medium blue flourescence
VS2 Clarity
60.8% Depth
56% Table
34.2 Crown Angle
41.0 Pavilion Angle
0.6% culet
1.4 score on the HCA
Brilliance Scope - white light: VH2, color light: VH3, scintillation: VH2

We're having it mounted in a Vatche Royal Crown setting! I was wondering if all of you nice people could reassure us that we made a good purchase, lol (now that we've spent all of that money we're starting to get a little antsy to see it!). We haven't seen it in person yet, but it looked awesome online and it was exactly the size and price we were looking for ($6,725 for the stone).

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Jenn

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 3/16/2004 1:43:43 AM Jenn wrote:

Well after weeks of researching, my fiance and I finally bought a diamond!! A big thank you to all of the Pricescope posters--we've been lurkers on this forum for weeks now and we've learned SOOO much here (I must have used the search feature about a hundred times! lol)! Here are the specs on my stone (it's a SuperbCert and the cert was GIA):

1.37 Carats
I color with medium blue flourescence
VS2 Clarity
60.8% Depth
56% Table
34.2 Crown Angle
41.0 Pavilion Angle
0.6% culet
1.4 score on the HCA
Brilliance Scope - white light: VH2, color light: VH3, scintillation: VH2

We're having it mounted in a Vatche Royal Crown setting! I was wondering if all of you nice people could reassure us that we made a good purchase, lol (now that we've spent all of that money we're starting to get a little antsy to see it!). We haven't seen it in person yet, but it looked awesome online and it was exactly the size and price we were looking for ($6,725 for the stone).

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Jenn----------------

I think the stone looks like a winner. The I color with medium fluorescence in an ideal cut 1.37 carat stone certainly seems like quite the find! I would guess that with the 60.8% depth percentage that the stone probably faces up pretty darn close to a 1.5 carat stone.
1.gif

Jenn

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys, we appreciate it!! We were a little hesitant about getting an I color, but hopefully with the blue flourescence and great cut it will face up nicely (crossing our fingers!!).

Jenn

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
As you've probably read, there are several people here with I colored stones who are super happy!

Congratulations! (and of course we expect pictures when you get it
2.gif
.)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/16/2004 8:13:17 PM Jenn wrote:

Thanks guys, we appreciate it!! We were a little hesitant about getting an I color, but hopefully with the blue flourescence and great cut it will face up nicely (crossing our fingers!!).

Jenn----------------

That was my choice - even in a larger stone. Mine is set in platinum & faces up plenty white! Good luck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds absolutely beautiful, my kinda stone.
2.gif
I love the I with med fluor...should be more like an H or similar, very pretty. Please do post pictures when you have them!
1.gif
Congrats, great eye!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's a great stone! An I color with some fluorescence is always a great bargain!
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Jenn, it sounds great! And I love the Vatche Royal Crown setting. My stone was also from SuperbCert. Mine is 1.35 with very similar numbers to yours and mine also has medium blue flourescence. I can't tell the difference between a stone with flourescence and one without. (I haven't had it under black lights yet!) My color is G and clarity is I1. It sounds like you got a winner. Enjoy it!

mtoccin

Rough_Rock
I am a news producer working on a national television story and would love to talk with you about your experience buying your diamond online. Would you please email me at [email protected]
Thanks!
Marisa

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Do you happen to have an UW lamp to take a look at that glowing blue beauty
3.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jenn,

I too just bought a SuperbCert. I dealt with Martin at USA Certed Diamonds. It just came in last Monday. Will post pics as soon as I figure out how to resize them. It is smaller than yours. but it is an I with medium blue fl. also. I had it set in a handmade Royal Crown-alike. The head is platinum and the shank is 18k yellow. I do not see any color in it whatsoever. I don't see it from the side either. I have to assume it just isn't there (okay maybe I'm not color sensitive)
naughty.gif
I think that, based on your specs, you made a fabulous choice and quite possibly the steal of the week. Congrats and enjoy that big beautiful rock.

Jenn

Rough_Rock
Hi Shay!

I'm so excited to hear you say that you can't see any color in your stone, since it sounds so very similar to ours!! That's the only thing we were a little worried about initially...we still haven't received our ring yet (it's still at the Vatche factory being mounted in a Royal Crown setting--with a yellow 18k gold shank and platinum head just like yours). However, we had looked at I color GIA diamonds in person before making the purchase online and we couldn't tell the I's apart from the F's or G's at our local store, so I think we'll be happy with it, especially considering it has the medium blue fl. :) I'm so excited just thinking about having the ring in my hand....it's supposed to be ready within a week or so and I'll definitely post pics of it as soon as we get it!!! I really don't know how I'll be able to wait another week....I'm so excited, lol!

Valeria,

We don't have a UV lamp, but my brother has a black light in his bedroom (lol), do you think that would work too?

Jenn

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Jenn, if you're out there, I just posted pics of my ring in the show me the ring section. It might reassure you if you haven't gotten yours yet.
1.gif

Shay

Jenn

Rough_Rock
Shay,

Thanks for letting me know--your ring is GORGEOUS!!! Bright white and so sparkly too--just beautiful!! Now I'm even more excited to get mine! I think we found the magic formula of getting good priced diamonds...I color with med blue flourescence, lol :)

Jenn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results