shape
carat
color
clarity

wanted: a setting as close to the REAL Tiffany solitaire setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Adriana

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I am in the market for an engagement diamond and have been looking at both loose stones and set rings. I''ve read all the caveats and warnings about Tiffany on here, but have to admit I really love Tiffany''s simple platinum setting for a solitaire. It is so much nicer than the "tiffany-style" settings I''ve seen at other jewelers and dealers, which just don''t compare in terms of beauty, proportion, simplicity. I know a lot of places have "tiffany-style" settings, but can anyone direct me to a resource that might have something very close to the the actual Tiffany solitaire setting? I haven''t been able to find anything even close, and don''t want to overpay for a Tiffany stone just to get that perfect, classic, proportionate platinum setting. Thanks for any leads!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with the excel suggestion. Whiteflash does offer one now too that is pretty darn close though and might be worth looking into as well.

Slowdown

Rough_Rock
If you''re buying a loose stone from someone other than Whiteflash is there any way to still get their Tiffany style setting? The product page for it indicates that you have to buy a diamond from them too.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 1:46:15 AM
Author: Mrs W
Dont know what budget is but here is this... http://www.topazery.com/antique-jewelry-item-rg2935.htm

Also, I would also say Excel, Brian gavin diamonds, and WF have the closest to Tiff''s with Excel and Brian Gavin diamonds in the lead in the lead :)
Wow, love that ring! I second the suggestion of getting a second hand Tiffany ring. I have one from Signed pieces and I love it! Also, had a Tiffany appraisal done for the piece of mind.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 11:24:20 AM
Author: winternight

Date: 12/29/2009 1:46:15 AM
Author: Mrs W
Dont know what budget is but here is this... http://www.topazery.com/antique-jewelry-item-rg2935.htm

Also, I would also say Excel, Brian gavin diamonds, and WF have the closest to Tiff''s with Excel and Brian Gavin diamonds in the lead in the lead :)
Wow, love that ring! I second the suggestion of getting a second hand Tiffany ring. I have one from Signed pieces and I love it! Also, had a Tiffany appraisal done for the piece of mind.
Yes it looks delicious, although I''ve never heard of topazery. Personally I love the look of Brian Gavins work but I don''t think you can go wrong with Excel or WF

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
I was actually in Tiffany''s today and I fell in love with the setting all over again.
30.gif
Personally if I was going down the replica route I''d probably go for the WF one because the prongs on the SC look nothing like the real setting imo

sarah95

Shiny_Rock
The setting on my ering is platinum, Tiffany style, 6 prong knife edge, made by a company called Stuller. My jeweler ordered it for me. I''ve had Tiffany salespeople who thought my ring was a Tiffany''s ring! That''s how similar the setting is!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Excel and Brian Gavin have some of the best lookalikes out there. Whiteflash''s is also ok-but for me the prongs on that one don''t quite hit the mark.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the Excel is the closest.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I think Brian Gavin''s is the closest, and most elegant IMO, but Excel is great too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results