shape
carat
color
clarity

waiting waiting waiting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
It is so hard to wait! Anyone waiting on orders right now? I am waiting for my e-ring from Superbcert. The cc approval went through a week ago yesterday so I am hoping it will come soon. Maybe?

How long did you guys have to wait to get your e-rings?

edited to add: I bought the stone directly from them as well as their classic 6 prong setting. It wasnt a custom setting, but a slightly bigger size (size 8.)

limey

Shiny_Rock
My wife has been waiting 10 years for a "real" ring! One more week to go. We approved the wax on saturday, and just today gave the jeweler the new main diamond as well as my wife's existing e-ring and wedding band. The platinum head is cast by a third party so that adds a few days. The wife is ringless for 8 days so she totally appreciates how tough waiting is.

baggins

Rough_Rock
Hi pinkflamingo,

I too am waiting on a solitaire in the classic tiffany setting from superbcert. But, i will be happy to wait. I originally had him hold a .84 ct superbcert rb diamond, but before i wired the money a week later, i called him and changed my order to a 1.01 ct ring (lower clarity, but higher color...and same price). Unfortunately, his lab already set the ring before i paid for it (probably so he could ship it faster) and now his lab has to make a new ring.

My advice: have patience...they are creating these rings from scratch and supposedly matching it to your specific diamond. This must take a lot of time, and to me, it will hopefully be worth the wait.

Let me know when you get your ring...

squirerad

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I can only wish that my ring will come in one more week. I have to wait "6 to 8 weeks" which means mid to late June or even July! But the waiting isn't because of the jeweler but my decision to go with a modified Vatche setting. I find myself getting my email and phone for messages multiple times during the day to hear an update.

Btw, I went to Tiffany's this last weekend and checked out their classic solitaire and it is quite a beauty...Almost made me change my mind back to getting a solitaire. If SC can make a perfect replica of it, I'm quite impressed.
appl.gif

Well, at least it's soothing to know that I'm not the only one in line. Only another 40 or so days to go.
sick.gif

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
Hey- little update here-

I talked to Barry and he is sending it out tomorrow!!!!!!!!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

baggins

Rough_Rock
Question: What exactly takes sooooo long? 6-8 weeks? It seems to me that if you pay your money and they have a jeweler, you should be able to get it in no more than a week. Some B&M even advertise "We set your ring while you wait"

Sure, custom settings take longer (draw the design by hand, put it into computer program, etc), but 60 days for this to happen? With all of these remodeling shows for cars and houses where they rebuild them in less than a week (i saw one last night where they designed new rims...drew them by hand, designed on a computer, and cut the material) rings should not take this long.

I clearly don't understand the involved process of making a ring from scratch. Can someone share his/her knowledge?

endless_search

Rough_Rock
I too am waiting for the classic from Barry. He said they've had a bunch of orders for this ring lately and the wait was now up to 2 weeks to manufacture each setting. I really hope there are no glitches as this setback is pushing close to the date. But then, I don't want them to rush too much and lower the quality of the production.

Skybluewater

Rough_Rock
The waiting was the worst part of buying a ring on line. But it was all worth it when the ring arrived and even more so when I popped the question.

shibbel

Rough_Rock
I justed wired payment for my ring last week. I'm having a custom setting done(it's a setting I saw on Blue Nile). The stone is one of theirs (eye clean, 1.03ct, h, SI2). I was told it was going to take a week for them to get everything in "order" -- I wonder how long after that? WIthout a doubt, waiting is the worst part.

squirerad

Shiny_Rock
I know nothing about the process of making a ring from scratch, too, but one reason why Vatche may be taking such a long time could be a volume issue. Most of the e-vendor (Superbcert, Whiteflash, GOG, etc.) use plenty of Vatche settings including the popular X-prong's. And with SC, Vatche will set the diamonds into their setting thereby providing a lifetime guarantee on the setting. The con of which is that Vatche settings are nonrefundable (which doesn't mean much to me since I'm already ordering a custom setting and custom settings are seldom if ever refundable anywhere).

I don't know if this is true but I read from a prior post that Vatche makes the Lucida X-prong setting for Tiffany's; even if not true, Vatche already has plenty of customers. The increasing use of the internet to make ering purchases may be taking them by storm. On the other hand, taking weeks to make a setting may just be their customary flow of business.

squire

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I just appraised a Tiffany Lucida today that was set in what looked like a classic Vatche mounting.

The trademarks were all Tiffany, with no mention of Vatche. Had to be their's though. It was identical to the Vatch "X" prong setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results