shape
carat
color
clarity

VVS1 I color Help???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

melgrek

Rough_Rock
Did I make a good choice or was I taken? The table is 60 the depth is 62, weight is 1.80 and GIA cert. Price was $12,000 did I pay to much, I haven''t picked it up yet. Should I back out? Also has strong blue florscence. Please help...Thank you

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The I color with strong blue fluor should be really nice.

However table is 60 and depth 62? Not a good combo.

Price at $12k? Seems pricey to me for an I but I guess the VVS is really driving that price up.

Did you buy I VVS just because that is all they had? I would not choose that color and clarity combination, why not something more like a G VS or similar? Though the I will look better with the fluor, you are still hugely overpaying for VVS clarity and to pair that on paper with an I?

I would keep looking, do you have more time? Chances are this stone is not going to be the best cut and I would look for something that had more of a middle road on color and clarity.

Good luck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are some examples, these are very well cut stones with good numbers and great images. In particular, the first one looks like a great deal. The SI clarity grades, as long as they are eye-clean, afford a much better cut stone AND a better color grade. Also, the carat weight may be around 1.75c on this but I can almost guarantee you that if you compared diameters, these stones would look bigger than the one you bought, because of the better cut AND lower depths than your stone. Just some food for thought.

http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/gia13103623/index.htm

1.74 H SI1 AGS0 well-cut stone $11,170

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=6946082&ref=PS622

1.75 H SI1 AGS0 well-cut almost H&A stone $12,300

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results