shape
carat
color
clarity

Vote: Which Halo Side View do you prefer

JLFG

Rough_Rock
Hi, I'm working with ERD to reset my current e-ring into a new setting that borrows some or most aspects of the tiffany legacy. I'm working with a RB center stone and either planning to move forward with a cushion halo or stick to all round. I'm adding miligrain to the center and side of the ring and plan to wear a matching wedding band.

What I'm still questioning is the side profile and whether or not I should move forward with the traditional setting (#1) or something like (#2) below. While I like the traditional setting I'm not sure if it's too plain. I did consider some sort of engraving or diamonds on the side but decided neither option was for me.

My ultimate goal is to marry modern and vintage design aspects into one ring without being too overpowering.

_17044.jpg

_17045.jpg

little_birdie

Rough_Rock
My personal preference would be for #1. I find #2 a little too bulky but both are beautiful.

redroze

Shiny_Rock
This is my favourite Legacy profile. 2 has pave on the side anyway so you may as well take the pave further. If not, I prefer 1 as I think it looks more elegant.
image_1574.jpg

JLFG

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the input! I was leaning towards #2 and this just helped confirm my decision. I kept feeling like #1 was too plain while #2 adds a little more visual interest.

CharmyPoo- I agree more curvature in the stems would help. Would you add pave to the sides or just let the stems and donut be the main focal point? Do you still think this would work if I decide to move forward with a cushion halo using my RB center stone? I don't see why not.

Redroze - that ring is beautiful but not sure I see it as a LHR or more of a RHR. Definitely is pretty though.

What is your opinion on a flush vs non flush wedding band? I tend to lean towards having it not sit flush but I also love the idea of being able to add another band down the road to the top if the bottom band did sit flush.

Also would love to hear everyone's opinion on miligrain between the center stone and halo. I'm leaning towards adding it since I love how miligrain looks but I'm a little concerned about dirt and if too much miligrain on top will attract more dirt.

I finally feel like I'm making progress thanks to everyone's help. I can't wait to finish the design.

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I am like in between both, but am now leaning toward #1....here's why

At first I was like, hands down, #2, because of the swoopiness up toward the top of the ring, then I quickly began to appreciate the modern, simplistic straight lines of #1....plus liked the openess of #1........also I remembered trying on a ring with a profile like #2 and it was a little high/swoopy for me.....I now got a new ering that is vintagey but with a modern twist.....so i guess i am voting #1 ! You should do a real poll , it makes it easier to see the results! :) :wavey:

JLFG

Rough_Rock
iluvdiamonds2 - do you have a pic of your new ring?

How do you do a real poll?

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I picked up my ERD ring (Legacy split shank) less than 24 hours ago from Fedex, so I will give my initial thoughts. First and foremost, I have been utterly head over heals over the ring!! It turned out WAY better than I could have imagined, so I think you are in good hands with ERD. The profile is perfect (option #2). The melee on the stems and donut just blend very well with the rest of ring. It is still simple but adds some interest to the profile without being over the top and bulky. I also debated both profiles and I have no regrets. I measured the donut on my ring and it is about 5mm round. You could either make it a bit smaller or maybe you could do something with flush stems like this? You would have to ask ERD about the durability of this type of style. http://www.victorcanera.com/jewelry/engagement-rings/the-emilya-with-flush-fitting-stems

Some people really like a small gap between the ering and wedding band which is what a donut would give you, particularly with a halo that has more finger coverage and might cover part of the wedding ring. What size diamond are you using?

I really hope to post pictures soon, but I am not sure if I will get to it this weekend. Oh and to your question on a real poll, when you start a new topic, go to the bottom of the screen (right below where you would type) and there is a poll option. I have been on PS more than a year and I only recently figured this out!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, tweeter, you cannot tell us about your new ring and then not post pictures QUICKLY!!!!!! We need to see it!!!! :appl:

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
JLFG|1397919620|3656075 said:
iluvdiamonds2 - do you have a pic of your new ring?

How do you do a real poll?

Hi - here's the link: (below instructions for poll)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-reset-round-oec-trans-in-cushion-halo-setting.200771/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-reset-round-oec-trans-in-cushion-halo-setting.200771/[/URL]

To create a poll.....
when u r typing your message, click on the tab below the text box "Poll Creation" and then it tells you to type your question, then in the other box to type your choices, simply type each choice on separate lines..... let me know how it goes!

JLFG

Rough_Rock
Tweeter8177 - I'm so happy for you that you love your ring and can't wait to see pictures. I'm sold on the second side setting and keeping a gap between by ering and wedding band. The only differences I'm asking for is a single shank and potentially miligrain between my stone and the halo.

Are you happy with how the cushion halo turned out? I know you we're concerned about that since they hadn't done too many cushion halos using a round center stone. Did you end up with the rounded corners or did you keep them more pointed? If I go this route in definitely planning on keeping the edges more round.

Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures. I know Mark mentioned they're closed until Wednesday so I'm hoping to see your pics before I have to get back to him.

So happy for you and thanks for your help!!!!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1397924086|3656120 said:
Oh, tweeter, you cannot tell us about your new ring and then not post pictures QUICKLY!!!!!! We need to see it!!!! :appl:

Ok, busted! That put pressure on me to get it posted! :lol:

JLFG|1397930680|3656171 said:
Tweeter8177 - I'm so happy for you that you love your ring and can't wait to see pictures. I'm sold on the second side setting and keeping a gap between by ering and wedding band. The only differences I'm asking for is a single shank and potentially miligrain between my stone and the halo.

Are you happy with how the cushion halo turned out? I know you we're concerned about that since they hadn't done too many cushion halos using a round center stone. Did you end up with the rounded corners or did you keep them more pointed? If I go this route in definitely planning on keeping the edges more round.

Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures. I know Mark mentioned they're closed until Wednesday so I'm hoping to see your pics before I have to get back to him.

So happy for you and thanks for your help!!!!

I posted pictures over on show me the bling!! As far as the cushion halo, I like it but wish the corners were just a teeny,teeny bit rounded. ERD did CADs for me rounded as well, which I think I posted at some point? If not let me know and I can post it for you. I am not sure on the miligrain on the inner wall between the diamond and halo. I was always attracted to the rings that had no miligrain, so the diamond kind of blends into the halo. I can tell you the miligrain is super fine and only noticeable close up, which I think is a good thing! I also got a CAD picture with the miligrain on the wall. Feel free to ask me any other questions! I am excited for you and can't wait to see pictures when your ring is done!!!

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock
First instinct for me was #1... Good luck, both are nice, it's a great style!! (I love halos :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results