shape
carat
color
clarity

Virus Attack from "Fedex" email

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I got a call from a client who said the package I sent to him could not be delivered and that he was to click on the button below to print his label and take it to his nearest Fedex office to have the package sent to that office for delivery.

I told him that I had not yet sent his package and was he sure that it was from me.

He said he was on his cell phone and could not print from there and without really thinking I asked him to send me the email so I could open it for him to see who he should be calling.

I got it and clicked the button.

Nothing happened so I thought, "Uh Oh"

Sure enough my virus checker started warning me about a Trojan horse type virus.

Good thing I have a good virus checker.

So, if you get an email from "Fedex" that says they were unable to deliver a package, it is because it is not from Fedex and they are not really trying to deliver a package to you, but someone is trying to get you to let them deliver some problems to you!

Be more careful than I was!

Wink

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the heads up Wink (as we just passed the FedEx Truck while on our walk around the neighborhood).

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your lucky your AV caught it.
Its a crypto virus that encrypts all your files and wants 300 bucks to decrypt them.
Police departments and fortune 500 companies that have paid the 300 bucks to get their files back because they didn't have a backup that was not connected to the computer at the time it hit.
There is a new variant going around that until the last couple days none of the AV software would catch.
Between me and my buddy we had 6 clients hit by it some on multiple computers.
Offline backups are your friends.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Karl. I use Nod32, I have not been breached in the ten or twelve years that I have been using it.

So many scum out there, so little time to hunt them down and shoot them like the dogs that they are.

Sigh.

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results