shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera

jlove8128

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

This is my first post, but I have been lurking for a while. I don't know if this is the place for his review but I have to comment on Victor Canera. I am a regional manager for a retail company in the Philadelphia area, and I can't believe the customer service I have received so far. My girlfriend is very particular so I was given hints that she wanted a custom ring, and that Victor was her favorite but I was given all the other big names. I emailed everyone around the same time on Sunday night, and Victor was the first to get back to me and he is on the west coast! He has been so helpfull emailing me back and forth 10-15 times in the last two days. I am trying to source the center stone at the moment, which many vendors including Victor are helping to do so. By no means am I sending a small amount, but not very much at the same time either. I know what effort it takes to have good customer service, and to respond and be as helpful as he has is just way more than I expected. He truly has made this experience great at this point, especially considering I am going to spend almost twice what I thought before I started. I will be sure to update as I get everything done over the next couple of months. Thanks for the info I read over the last couple of weeks everyone. (This is where I put a beer/cheers emoticon in my car forums but that isn't available)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS! :wavey: I will have to say that my experience working with Victor on custom earrings was excellent as well! The final product was everything I could hope for, too! He does very beautiful work!

I do want to mention one thing, though. Please don't work with multiple vendors to find a stone. You can look online at several vendor's in-house inventories such as Good Old Gold, WhiteFlash, and Victor's (as they all provide the ASET images and specialize in well cut stones). But when it comes to any of them sourcing you a diamond from a diamond supplier, they are all fishing in the same pond, more or less. So it is really taking up their time when you don't intend to buy but from one of them. So I suggest working with one at a time and then move to another if they cannot find anything (which would be unusual).

Good luck and please come back with more details about your diamond and setting!

jlove8128

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. I was originally just sourcing the stone from James Allen and thinking of having Victor make the setting. However I really like Victor's antique cushions after looking at his site. I am not sure I can afford the diamonds Victor has shown me, but I would like to give him all of my business because of how helpful he has been. I do plan to Spend a significant amount on the stone (by my standards), and I am not trying to waste anyone's time. I am still not sure how this all works, so I appreciate the help!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS. I do believe Victor is one of the most organized and responsive vendor here. Great review and speaks volume for the fantastic work he does.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is probably a good idea to see if he has a stone that will work for you, in that case. You won't find cushions like that at JA. I'd try to go to G-H-I VS for the stone, if has anything in that range, to get the most size that you can.

jlove8128

Rough_Rock
Yeah I was looking at H/I 1.5-2.0 SI1 or better. I am now leaning towards a VS1 or better, because I want a dimond that you can't see any imperfections with the naked eye. He does have on SI1 that may work but I would have to buy it and see it before I proceed. I have been emailing back and forth with him the last hour or two and he has been great. I think I misconstrued my initial post, I was not referring to sourcing the stone from multiple vendors, but getting quotes for custom settings from multiple vendors. I still don't wish to waste anyone's time, but I needed to make sure the preferred vendor wasn't over priced. Oh, and PS he wasn't at all.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jlove8128|1395205808|3637053 said:
Yeah I was looking at H/I 1.5-2.0 SI1 or better. I am now leaning towards a VS1 or better, because I want a dimond that you can't see any imperfections with the naked eye. He does have on SI1 that may work but I would have to buy it and see it before I proceed. I have been emailing back and forth with him the last hour or two and he has been great. I think I misconstrued my initial post, I was not referring to sourcing the stone from multiple vendors, but getting quotes for custom settings from multiple vendors. I still don't wish to waste anyone's time, but I needed to make sure the preferred vendor wasn't over priced. Oh, and PS he wasn't at all.

Ah, well certainly it is fine to get multiple quotes on a setting! I also prefer at least VS2 in an antique cushion or step cut stones because I think you can sometimes see inclusions more easily than in a brilliant cut stone with all the tiny facets. I would also have to see an SI1. My stone is VS1, so you have to take my clarity advice with my bias in mind!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it strongly depends on the stone - you can find SI1s that are very clean looking depending upon what the inclusions are and where they are and therefore get lucky and save a bit of money. I have completed a number of projects with Victor now and I live in Australia, despite living on the other side of the world which at times is a pain in the backside when purchasing jewellery, Victor is always fantastic & responsive to work with and a lovely genuine, honest guy. He has gone above and beyond for me a few times now and everything he has made has always been spectacular.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have used many vendors through my years of jewerly and hands down VC's customer service and response time is the best! I hate calling vendors (i'm on the phone almost all day for the day job) so whenever I can do everything through email it makes it so much more hassle free. So welcome to PS and goodluck on the diamond search!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results