shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera...dare I ask?

Emuopolis

Rough_Rock
I stumbled upon this site while searching for setting ideas for my new diamond and all I can say is WOW! So much knowledge and so many beautiful diamonds! I'm thankful I didn't find this earlier, I probably would've made my husband mortgage our house for a new ring.

In any case, my dear husband surprised me with a new diamond for our 10 year anniversary. It's 3.36 carats and while he said it's an OMC circa 1919, after looking around the forums I think it's an OEC. I do not have the paperwork right now, but once I have the stats I'll likely be asking for opinions on that topic also. In my search for settings I found the post by "happybridetobe" showing her unbelievably gorgeous ring and it seems the "only" option is to send the stone to Victor Canera. To the question...if I choose an existing setting (Anne Marie, I'm looking at you!) rather than a custom design what kind of timeline and price tag can I expect?

Any other suggestions for finding an appropriate setting? Right now it is in simple four prong setting and there seems to be a little give because of the slightly irregular roundness. Honestly it scares me to death so I want to get it taken care of quickly. I'm in Austin, TX if anyone has local advice.

Back to drooling over all the amazing pictures!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you would be extremely happy with Victor. I would guess the Ann Marie would most likely cost around 6-7K and take 6 weeks. But give him a call, he is more than happy to give you an estimate.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
I just got a quote from him and he said 5-8 weeks but hopefully 6.........I think he is getting more popular by the day! Awhile back it looked like he was turning rings around in 10 days! (I wish!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results