shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera custom setting *OPINIONS*

Busybee6778

Rough_Rock
Has anyone here worked with Victor Canera on a custom piece? If so, we're you happy with the outcome?

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Re: custom setting

MANY PSers have so I'm sure you will get a lot of responses. I have learned SO much from members on this site which is what led me to go custom with Victor. Victor is working on the Emilya for me now, should have it within the week.
My experience so far has been great! Good Luck :twirl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
His pave work is magnificent. His hand engraving is pretty darn nice as well...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, he finalized my ring with french cut sides about a month ago. I live in Europe but he is very easy to work with and very responsive via mail. Here on PS there are many rings from his hand and I have only seen enthudiastic stories. He has a great eye for detail and dimensions. Like Arkieb mentioned already, his engraving and pave work is stunning.

This is what he made for me: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-liquid-diamond-reset-by-victor-canera-for-5-3-oec.193349//']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-liquid-diamond-reset-by-victor-canera-for-5-3-oec.193349//[/URL]

_10688.jpg

Busybee6778

Rough_Rock
WOW... Your ring is to die for!!! :love:
I am interested in something similar to the Michael B Paris setting. They are way expensive. Someone suggested to me Victor Canera. Iim just nervous about getting a custom ring done without knowing what it's going to look like.

_10689.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a lovely setting! I am not sure what the potential price difference could be.
What I do know is that it's worth every single penny when you work with Victor. It will not be less then perfect. He does not make ok rings... They are all stunning.
What I also know is that you never know exactly what you get when you go custom.
When I got mine it was not what I had expected... It was much much better then I could even imagine beforehand. :love: :love:

I would contact him, share your ideas and ask for a quote.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
First off are you doing a piece that VC has already done? or is this a piece that is 100% new to him? I think Victor does amazing pave work and if you get something that is in his portfolio (like the Emilya already mentioned) he is excellent. However, if you are truly doing a custom piece (meaning 1 of a kind he hasn’t' done that design before) I wouldn't automatically pick him. I would want to know what sort of image you have for the piece? Pave? Metalwork? Filigree? Overall details would help. Several people have done custom pieces by him and been less than happy with the outcome. So it is important that when starting a project you match it to the best designer. While I love VC for his Emilya Halo I wouldn't go to him for say something that I want if it were intricate. Each designer as a very specific etiquette so I believe it is important to match up your vision with the best designer possible.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have worked w/ him on several pieces, some custom and others not--all great experiences! He can give you a sketch or other visual if needed (check out his facebook page). He also has a policy in place for new designs (checkout website). It would be best to ask him about further details on this. Hope this helps!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The design you have in mind is definitely in Victor's normal styles. I know of no one I trust more to make a custom pave piece. And I would bet that his version of the MB ring would be better than the original. The sapphire earrings at the top of this page are mine:

http://www.victorcanera.com/jewelry/earrings

Victor Canera

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you all for your kind words.

Some of you might not be aware that we have a policy in place for ring designs that I've never done before www.victorcanera.com/faq It was also announced on our FaceBook page. *IF a client decides to use me for a new, never done before design and it wasn't what they were expecting, full credit will be credited to them towards another ring. I wanted to encourage potential clients to try me for unique designs because I feel that I'm capable of much more than the designs that I'm known for from Pricescope.

Above all else, the work that I do is something that I pride myself on very much. It's a very personal thing for me not just a career. I like to push my limits with every ring that I do, it's also something that I enjoy very much.

My Best

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Just to clarify my point OP that I was trying to make above, and this is for doing custom with any vendor, is to contact the vendor and make sure you have the same vision. Can they excute it? What happens if they don't? Do they have anything in their current portfiolo that is like what you want made? Based on all that is how I usually start my custom projects. I wasn't trying to dissude you from using VC. It is more of a caution to do your research and make sure you are going with a vendor who will get you your dream ring.

FWIW I have had VC do 2 settings (both Emilya for different diamonds) and they were above and beyond my expectations. The second setting I posted about on PS as it really showed how wonderful VC is with customer service. We had some miscommunciation on single vs. double prongs. He ended up redoing the entire ring to make sure I was happy.

Hope that helps!

Busybee6778

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for your help and great advice! I'm very excited! We have just started looking around trying to find that perfect ring so I'm kinda new to all of this. I am still in search of specs on this ring if anyone knows them. Again, thanks much :D

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure what you mean by specs - generally we mean specifications on the diamond. If you are talking about Frankie's Paris ring, her stone is a 2.32 carat, G color, VS1 clarity. She has since reset that stone into a Victor Canera Emilya and then traded in the stone for a three carat stone and had a new VC Emilya done for that stone.

If you are talking about specs for the ring, you can Google Michael B Paris setting. It will come up from different vendors with some specifications and prices.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure what you mean about specs on that setting, either. If you want a similar ring, you'd show a picture to Victor and ask him for a price quote. He'd need to know the diamond size and your ring size. He can look at it and know how to make a similar one.

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
Isn't the Paris design in the $4k - $6k range? It may be very difficult to get a custom piece for less than that....but perhaps the experts could chime in.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
You won't necessarily save money by going to a custom designer. I'm sure VC could possibly make a wonderful interpretation of this ring, but for the same price, it's usually best to go with the original designer. That way, you know exactly how it will turn out.
Enlisting custom designs in general to create a inspiration of another's design is a mixed bag. Some come out terrific and some come out terrible.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hera, my concern about that is that Frankie at one time had that exact ring. Her appraiser commented that it was not the best pave that he had seen. She went through a couple of setting changes and settled on Victor, who does superior pave work. So regardless of the ring, I would have Victor make it over MB.

However, in the case here, I think she said on another thread that her total budget is $10k for the ring, so I would not recommend spending $5k for a setting regardless. I'd spend $9700 on the diamond now and have Victor make the setting for an anniversary or something.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Ah, didn't know that DS!
I agree with you that they should get a solitaire and then reset down the line. Also, I wouldn't go with a cheaper designer for this particular design. As you can see, pave really takes some great skills and there's not many designers that can do it well. That's one of the reasons for the premium pricing.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
heraanderson|1381443026|3535531 said:
Ah, didn't know that DS!
I agree with you that they should get a solitaire and then reset down the line. Also, I wouldn't go with a cheaper designer for this particular design. As you can see, pave really takes some great skills and there's not many designers that can do it well. That's one of the reasons for the premium pricing.

I totally agree!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rather than speculating how much it will cost, why don't you email Victor, show him pictures of what you want and tell him your budget and see what he can do.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Busybee6778

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone:) I've been in contact with Victor. We are looking at doing a little modifications on the ring & get it within budget. Or I may go with the solitaire for now & get better diamond. Not really sure yet. I've been looking online at loose diamonds & prices. Any suggestions on where to buy or any important things I should be looking for.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buy diamond from Victor if you are having him make the setting. But unless you think this diamond is your forever one, I would not have a custom setting made yet.

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1381442362|3535525 said:
Hera, my concern about that is that Frankie at one time had that exact ring. Her appraiser commented that it was not the best pave that he had seen. She went through a couple of setting changes and settled on Victor, who does superior pave work. So regardless of the ring, I would have Victor make it over MB.

However, in the case here, I think she said on another thread that her total budget is $10k for the ring, so I would not recommend spending $5k for a setting regardless. I'd spend $9700 on the diamond now and have Victor make the setting for an anniversary or something.

^^^^^This !!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results